Chapter 20: The BB Corn cooking process

Terry bounded off towards another cob as the hunter walked over to one that was closer. Eh? Looking over Terry had went she was shocked she "saw" the biggest cob ever to existed. "Thats the corn?! It's humungous!" Sarafina said, Toriko's attention was glued to the cob in front of him and wearing a huge grin on his face. "A..awesome... This is the first time I've seen such huge elegant corn." Barking was heard from the direction the young wolf went and both hers and Toriko's jaw dropped and eyes widen. The cobs around the two were roughly two feet long and were huge. The one that was by Terry was a monster one, roughly the size of a skyscraper or possibly even bigger.

"Wha...what the hell is that?! Is there really building standing up here! Corn tower?!" Toriko exclaimed in shock surprised. Honestly, that description fit the cob perfectly. Terry gave a couple of barks again and bounded off towards the giant cob. Toriko gave a small laugh of delight and asked the pup, "You happy, Terry?!" A soft, kind look came on his face as he stared off in Terry's direction and smiled gently, the expression of his soul had brought a smile to Sarafina's own face. He really had a very soft spot for the wolf. "That you're so delighted kinda makes me happy..." He's soft on the young wolf but he refuses to admit aloud. Whatever but whenever he gets that kind look it makes her heart soften more than she would care to admit.

Turning back to the cob before him, Toriko was all business. "Ok, lets pluck a few. We've gotta bring some back to Tom as a souvenir." Going to one knee, the large male grasped the cob with both hands, even though his hands were quite big, his fingers didn't even meet. The gap between must of been at least two or three inches, maybe more. "Ooooh. It's got great amazing thickness and elasticity!" Toriko exclaimed. "The good stuff's really packed in there! As expected of the bb corn!" He blinked a bit as he tried to pull it up. Must not have a good enough grip? The hunter mused as he readjusted his hands and once again tried to pull the corn up.

Interesting. Usually Toriko would've had it by now but it appeared the food was winning. She just stood there with a smile as Sarafina watched her companion try four or five times to uproot the corn. You would think he was trying to uproot the entire forest. She tried to keep her laugh silent as well lest she bruise the man's ego. Toriko stood up, panting from the excretion and wiping the sweat from his forehead and making a childish face at the cob. "What's with this, I can't pluck it off at all. It ain't moving an inch." He grumbled as he once again attempted to get the cob.

"It isn't just that guy Terry beat? It's probably connected to all the plants in this Wu jungle... Maybe the BB corn grows from the nutrients it absorbs by the entire forest." Sarafina says to him. "Yeah... Maybe. If that's the case.." Sarafina watches curiously as he prepared his hand to use Knife. Toriko swiped down with Knife, with a determined expression on his face but the attack barely scratched it. "Oa?! Not even my Knife can cut it?!" He said in shock. "Need help?" Sarafina giggled a bit till he flashed her a dirty look and smiled innocently at him. "Damnit." The hunter growled as he did it three more times before succeeding in getting the food. Now, that he got it, the hunter stood up, panting heavy. "Hui- I finally cut it.. The fibres being complexly entwined makes it have unbelievable strength. Its stalk is just like a GT's arm."

A shadow suddenly passed over them and the two looked up to see two giant mystery birds fly over head. Cradling the cob Toriko said, "I see.. For the giant mystery birds, this roughness... It's so they can't easily pluck off and eat the BB Corn..?" He glanced over to the mountain of a cob with a nervous look. "...that giant BB Corn would be...impossible to cut from the roots." Toriko then turned to Sarafina and asked, "Do you think you can walk without falling?"

She raised an eyebrow at him. "What exactly are you implying, my dear Toriko?" Think my senses won't be enough up here?" Laughing a bit, he held up a hand in a defensive position. "Sorry. I wasn't trying to upset you or anything. Just wanna know if you can, ok?" She gave a curt nod and with that he led the way to the giant cob.