Chapter 41: The Ozone part 3

"You said it! If there was any garbage in my system, it's flushed out now!" Sarafina vaguely heard the chef chime in. Sweat was starting to run down her forehead a bit. She felt like any moment she was gonna pass out... "Thanks for scrubbing my insides clean vegetable sky...!" Toriko said before he felt something frantically tugging at the bottom of his pants. He looked down and saw Kururu pulling at him with her teeth, trying to get his attention. She let go and began meowing loudly, running around in circles before running off ahead.

"Hey, Kururu what's gotten you all-? Sarafina?! What's wrong?!" Was all that the blind woman could hear Toriko say before she hit the ground hard. "Sarafina?!" Toriko cried out in surprise and fear as the men and kitten raced over to the fallen woman. "Sarafina?! What's wrong?!" Komatsu exclaimed, anxious and confused on what happened. 'She's burning up. Her temperature must be over a hundred!' The hunter thought picking her up, noting on how pale his companion looked. What could have happened to have caused her to get sick?! Was this some kind of relapse or something?! He'll have to worry about that later right now getting her temperature down was a priority!

Going back to the pond she was just at Toriko quickly undressed her (just to her undergarments. Hopefully Sarafina won't kill him) and gently put the woman in the cool soothing water. "Eh?! Why is she so sick?!" Komatsu asked. "Not sure yet.." The giant hunter replied watching Sarafina, who seemed to slowly but surely get better. What the hell caused Sarafina to get sick...? She was just fine a few moments ago...!

"Sarafina!" Fyreia shouted as she held the blind woman in her arms in the depths of her subconscious. "Sarafina, hang in there. Don't let it take you, fight it!" She ordered. Sarafina gritted her teeth as she nearly screeched in pain as her body gave a white glow. It flickered on and off as Sarafina thrashed around. Fyreia did what she could to calm her down while also thinking of the only thing to help her. It seemed that Tommyrod's wasn't enough.

"Sarafina, I know you don't want to hear this, but you must eat again. That oaf and Komatsu are in your grasp, just take a small sample from them and stabilise yourself." Fyreia said.

"No! I refuse....! To eat them...! I don't want to do that again!" Sarafina said, trying to fight through the pain. She felt her body being to crack and break apart as if she were made of fragile glass.

"Sarafina..! I know that you swore you would never eat anything from another living being unless they are horrid creatures like Tommyrod, but you...your body is running out of time! You have to eat them!"

"Never!!" Sarafina shouted. "I will NOT show them the monster I am! I just can't!"

"You stubborn girl...!" Fyreia growled, but then became worried as she watched as her host was experiencing serious pain. She can't stand to see her like this. It broke her every time this happened and felt powerless that she couldn't do anything more to help her. Even after all these years, Fyreia wasn't sure why she had grown so fond for this girl. But she had and she had promised herself that she would look after her.

"Very well then...if you won't eat them. Then eat mine. I have more than enough to sustain you for a good while." She held Sarafina until her lips rested on her shoulder. Sarafina wrapped her arms around her and was very hesitant on going through with it. But Fyreia gently stroked her hair and said, "It's okay. I'm content with it. Not the first time I wanted to save you." Sarafina nodded. Opened her mouth, and bit down hard on Fyriea's neck. Devouring her nearly-forgotten favourite food. Funny...even with Tommyrod's, it still tasted as sweet and tangy as the ripest fruit.

It usually took days to recover from a purge this bad, but now the blind woman was looking better and better in minutes. Much to their relief, and Toriko's immense surprise, Sarafina slowly opened her eye and groaned a bit. "What...happened? Feel like... I've been...crushed with a boulder." The woman groaned and slowly sat up. And feigning ignorance.