Promise

You're being the infamous night owl in the house doing your usual routine doing who knows what on the phone. It was just 1 AM and a sharp knock on your room window alerted you.

You ignored it for the first time only to hear another knock on the second. You ignored the second and the third time came. The third time, you hid under the blanket pretending to sleep.

"SLAASHH"

"MOOOOMMMM—"
"SHH! IT'S ME! IT'S ME WOMAN! HELP ME!!"

Your boyfriend whisper-yelled angrily, hoisting himself up against the wall. Blood drenching him, a painful expression on his face.

"What the heck is wrong with you oh damn did you kill someone?? Who's blood is that?" You babbled, plopping him on your bed as he moaned in pain. You were frowning as you bubble in worry, frantically running out to the kitchen, taking the medical kit.

"I—didn't kill—anyone." Blaze croaked in between pants. You took out the bandages and some chemicals, focusing yourself on the most bloodied part which fortunately his abdomen. "Of course you didn't kill them. Whatever the reason it was I want them good. Now stay silent." You told him, zipping down his bloody jacket.

Whoo, look at them. Those screaming bloody muscles. How the hell—even staring at his muscled arms enough to kill a sea of fangirls.

"I'm not breaking your silent moment of 'awwing' but—IT DAMN HURT CAN YOU START DO WHATEVER YOU SUPPOSED TO DO?!"

"Tch. Can't you see I'm feasting my eyes here." You grumbled bashfully, cleaning up the wound. A long ragged cut open flesh meets your eyes. You wondered what the thing that had cutted through him as you quickly took a needle and surgical thread. "This is..not normal."

Blaze on the other hand already clasping your bed post, seeing the needle. His thoughts about explaining you he is not a normal being and actually a hero in secret died down. "Can we skip to dabbing those meds and bandaging?"

"Just...don't move too much." You smiled encouragingly as he paled. The needle get through, and through his skin and he muffled pain moans, grasping the bed post tighter, you swear it had crushed in his grip.

16 stitches.

Damn. He still alive and survive.

Sweat trickle down your forehead as you finished dabbing the chemicals and bandaging him, saying silent goodbye to the muscly abdomen. Blaze gave a weak smile as he lie on your bed.

"Thank you love." He whispered wearily.

You stare in his marmalade eyes, holding his hands as his thumbs rub the back of your palm. A waver of sadness comes to you, beads of tears trickling down your face.

"Who hurt you?" You whispered, lying down beside him.

You two might be dating for sometime, but this was the first, for you to see him half dresssed yet bloody, this sadly beaten state, even lying beside him on bed. Never in right mind it will turn out this way.

"Don't cry.." He muttered, wiping your tears with his cleaned hands. His heart breaks seeing you sobbed in worry, and its all because of him.

"You saved me. I owe my life to you... Thank you." He uttered, touching his forehead with yours as he cupped your face.

"I'm a superhero." He confessed. You scoffed. "This is not the time to joke." You scolded him. But his eyes not waver. And you know it he is serious.

"You kick asses?"
"With fire, yeah."
"You have powers too?"
"Pyrokinesis."
"I'm shooked to hear that you know such words."

Blaze pinch your cheeks as you giggled at him. He exhaled a soft sigh. "I was scared of your reaction to tell you this and here you are making fun of me." He smiled. You pulled him into a hug, being careful not to press his abdomen. "I'm proud of you. Just, don't..." You paused as he raised an eyebrow.

"Don't die on me." You exhaled.

It's a promise. And both knows it held a heavier unknown to kept it.

"I will." Blaze assured. "I will." He convinced himself.

The next morning your mom have to hold back your dad who is trying to kill the blissfully sleeping boyfriend of yours while you tucked safely in his arm. No worries, you are fully wearing everything and the only topless is him.

RIP window bedroom.