All That Matters

(Dedicated to all of you and specifically GaLoafey hope at least it brings a smile to all my cutie pie's face)

XxfloatingheelsxX

"A date?" Thorn repeat as you smiled nodded happily. "A date! This Saturday okay? Around 3 is fine?" You asked as the slightly tall boy tilt his head to the side. "Sure! 3 is fine!"

"Great! I can't wait already! C'ya Thorn~!" You waved, leaving the boy alone at the canteen. Solar arrived with a tray of food giving a smirk to his brother. "A date, eh? I still can't fathom that you even have a girlfriend and now you'll be having your first date." He said, sitting beside Thorn.

His head roamed around thinking about the date. Where should they go? What will they do? What if she found him boring?

Thorn glance to Solar who is busy scrolling whatever it is in his phone in the same time stuffing foods in his mouth. Solar is popular and all girls flock around him. He is smart, confident, and respected. He even look cool in whatever he wears.

Thorn check down on himself. His clothing not the latest in trend, he have dirt from the garden all over his shoes, his hair a mess and people often either look down on him or treat him like some underage boy because of how childish he look.

"Thorn?" Solar ask, noticing he didn't even touch his food yet. He flinched when Thorn shot a determined gaze on him. "Teach me to be a manly man!"

"In a minute!" You exclaimed as the doorbell rang, you glanced back quickly at the mirror, checking back your appearance one last time and skipped to the door. "Okay Thorn, let's-"

Thorn gulped. Feeling himself hot under your gaze. Maybe wearing Solar's white leather jacket with black long sleeve doesn't work to pull out his masculine feature. He was born baby face for all he known.

"I-I look awful, I know--"

"No! Wow—I-I mean, Thorn you look handsome!"

'I can't do this. Solar how can you handle being praised?!!'

"Thank you." Thorn said bashfully, fidgeting his fingers. "You look very beautifuler too! I-I mean beautiful!" He fumbled, handing you a bouquet of roses. "U-um anyway let's go now.. Shall we?" He said, too shy to look at your way.

You giggled at him blushing, taking the bouquet and slip your other hand in his. "Lead the way, handsome."

Thorn pulled you into a nice cosy shop. A waitress came taking orders. "I'll have strawberry au lait and pearls!" You beamed glancing to Thorn who just finished checking the catalogue. "I'll have black tea, no sugar." He ordered and the waitress noded, walking away with the memo in her hand.

"I didn't expect that." You said as Thorn scratch his cheek, laughing nervously. "A change won't hurt sometimes." You nodded agreeing before changing the topic.

Thorn was half listening. His ears mostly caught how wild his heart is beating in both excitement and nervousness. His eyes on her hair, noticeably made up for the occasion. Soon he looks down to her face, taking secret glance not to catch eye contact with you. Indeed he was shy. And he hoped Solar actually give him tips on how to be more confident.

"So, what do you think about it? Should I take the request or no?"

"Uh, huh?"

So much for being 'focus'.

You raised an eyebrow, obviously noticed that Thorn had so much in his mind. Thank god the drinks came and  both of you averted your attention to it.

Thorn look down at the tea. Maybe he should've asked for sugar. It's too late now though. Or else he will look uncool. Closing his eyes, he gulped the strong flavour of the tea. Actually, its not as bad as Blaze's coffee back when Quake wasn't home.

"Hey, can I taste yours? You can try mine."
"Really?!" Thorn clasped his hand on his mouth for the unattempted excited tone. "Of course." He coughed, exchanging the glasses.

The sweet and a hint of sour flavour  gushed past his throat like heaven's waterfall. Not to mention the cold of the fluid refreshed every tense muscle of his, plus the sunny day outside just doubled the bonus.

Then he realize the pair of eyes staring at him.

"Heh." You chuckled and Thorn's face is a thousand shade of strawberry field.

"I am so uncool. I'm sorry." He muttered, hiding his face in his arm on the table. You giggled, holding his hands. "Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong." You said holding onto his hand. Thorn peeked from his arm barrier, forest eyes shyly met yours.

"Are you fine dating me? I-I'm younger than you, I'm not cool like Solar, I'm not manly... I'm.."

"Does that matters? I love you. That's all enough."

Your face heated up by the sudden self-confession. Thorn squeeze your hand slightly, lifting his head up a little. A smile crept on his lips, eyes glinting. "Thank you." He whispered,

"Thank you."