XII

FREAK
- LANA DEL REY

FREAK - LANA DEL REY

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"no need for that, love." klaus spoke to the girl who had purposely been trying to make her shirt show more cleavage than before. "we're going about this my way."

"you're no fun." jocelyn playfully pouted. "i could've totally wrung him in with that."

"not doubtful you wouldn't have." klaus grinned, wrapping his arm around jocelyn as stefan stood a few feet behind them. "i just need to ask the fellow a few questions before i rip out his heart."

jocelyn let a soft laugh fall from her lips. she loved the sound of klaus' accent and the way words seemed to roll of his tongue with such ease. she leaned her head against his chest as the two walked into the bar.

"stand off for a moment, love." klaus whispered into her ear. jocelyn nodded, stepping out of klaus' grip as he walked up to the bar that ray sutton had just taken a seat at.

"ray? ray sutton?" klaus took the seat next to the man.

"who wants to know?" ray countered back.

"i've been looking everywhere for you. we started in florida, pensacola. i met a young chap there who you worked with before you moved to memphis. now he directed me to two lovely young women and they led me here to you."

"i think i'll be going." ray went to walk away from the hybrid.

"not so fast, mate." klaus grabbed the mans arm. "now, your type are really hard to come by."

ray pulled his arm out of klaus' hold, going to walk the other direction. jocelyn was quick to appear in front of the man. "i wouldn't do that if i were you, sweetheart. he does have a temper."

"vampires." ray said shortly as jocelyn shoved him against the bar.

"you're swifty swift, ray." klaus watched the way rays eyes looked jocelyn over. an unfamiliar feeling grew in klaus at the sight. "yes, miss odessa here is a vampire, along with my other friend who's compelled everyone in the bar, so don't look to them for any help." klaus picked up the beer the bartender had previously given ray. "i, however, i'm something else. a different kind of monster. i've got some vampire, i've got some wolf."

"a— a what?" ray stuttered out, his gaze leaving jocelyn's body.

jocelyn was grateful the man looked away from her. she was beginning to feel uncomfortable under his stare. the newly turned wanted to rip his eyes out.

"a hybrid, ray. i'm both." klaus grabbed the mans face after he tried to look back at jocelyn. "you see, i want to create more of me. now, you being the first werewolf i've come across in many a moon, pun intended, ray, i need you to direct me to your pack. so, where can i find them, ray?"