XIII.

"you okay? is ray getting heavy?"

"i'm fine." stefan replied shortly.

"you sure about that?" klaus questioned. "we've been walking for some time now. if you need some water or a little sit down." jocelyn shook her head at klaus' petty teasing.

"you know, i get that we're, uh— we're stuck together, klaus, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great." stefan told the hybrid.

"so much brooding. your self loathing is suffocating you, my friend." klaus grinned, gazing over to jocelyn in a sense to check on her.

"maybe it's because i'm a little tired of hunting werewolves." stefan countered back. "we've been at it all summer. take it from jocelyn, who may i add hasn't spoken a word for the last couple days."

"thanks to our pal ray, we found ourselves a pack." klaus, stefan, and jocelyn looked over the group of people looking as if they were setting up for a night camping. "there."

"i'm just ready to snap necks." jocelyn spoke without a trace of emotion. stefan glanced over at the girl in worry.

"ray! oh, my god." a woman ran over as stefan dropped the man on the ground. "what's going on? who are you?"

"the important question is who am i." klaus stepped forward. "please forgive the intrusion. my name is klaus."

"you're the hybrid." the woman spoke, standing to her feet.

klaus grinned from ear to ear. "you've heard of me. fantastic."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"it's fascinating, actually. a werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. a true hybrid." klaus said to the group of werewolf's. ray gasped awake as if on que. "excellent timing, ray. very dramatic."

"what's happening to me?" ray breathed out, turning on his side.

"stefan?" klaus glanced over at the vampire.

"are any of you human?" stefan spoke out loudly. "your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. if he doesn't get it, he will die."

"doesn't take much, just a sample." klaus taunted the group.

jocelyn rolled her eyes, standing to her feet. she appeared in front of one of the boys. "you." the newly turned smirked evilly before grabbing his arm, biting into it before shoving the boy down to ray.

"no!" the woman from earlier yelled, her eyes turning a shade of yellow as she ran at jocelyn. klaus was quick to grab the woman by her throat.

"it's the new order, sweetheart." klaus spoke as he tightened his grip on the wolf. "you join us, or you die."

"i'd rather die than become a vampire." the woman spit out.

"wrong choice." klaus said, his yellow orbs appearing as well as the veins under his eyes. he bit into his wrist, forcing the woman to drink from it. "she'll thank me for that later."

klaus shoved the woman into jocelyn's grip. jocelyn smirked before she snapped her neck roughly, tossing the wolf's body to the side.