XXXV.

THE OTHER SIDE
- RUELLE

THE OTHER SIDE - RUELLE

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

jocelyn's eyes fluttered open for a moment, only for the girl's eyes to feel too heavy. she felt the familiar pinch of pain in her neck and a slight hiss fell from her lips at the feeling.

"shh, it's okay." a soft voice cooed in her ear when the sounds of her whimpers was heard. "sleep, joce. just sleep."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

jocelyn let out a groan, turning on her side as she coughed. she'd fallen in and out of consciousness for the last couple hours. her head throbbed as she tried to open her eyes.

bonnie glanced over to her sister, deciding she couldn't handle listening to her sister whimper in pain for any longer.

"what did you do?" jocelyn's voice was barely audible. when bonnie failed to respond, her voice grew harsher and shorter. "bonnie, what did you do? oh, my god. he's—"

"breathe, jocelyn!" bonnie took a hold on the young bennett's shoulders. "calm down!"

jocelyn's breathing became uneven as the events before her neck was snapped started to flood her mind. "where is he? where are they taking him?"

bonnie flinched slightly at the tone of her voice. "i'm sorry."

"no." jocelyn backed away, shaking her head in disbelief. bonnie went to take a step towards her sister, but in less than a second, jocelyn was gone. slamming the front door shut behind her.

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"damon's on his way to bury him in the woods of route 12. i'll text you the details."

jocelyn made her way up the steps outside the gilbert home slyly. she tuned into the home for a moment, listening into every noise inside. she could hear the jump in jeremy's heartbeat as he spoke to alaric on the phone.

"he bought it." jeremy said after a moment.

everyone eyes left jeremy's when the front door to the home opened wide and the heretic appeared a second later with her hand wrapped around jeremy's throat.

"i hope you're smart enough not to lie when i ask where nik is truly being put." jocelyn pulled the boy forward only to slam his body back against the wall once again.

"enough." elijah shoved her against the wall as well, holding the heretic by her shoulders. jocelyn fought against his hold for a second out of frustration before she quit, breathing heavily as she stared into elijah's orbs. "control, miss odessa."