EPILOGUE

ALL FOR US -
LABRINTH

jocelyn let a groan fall from her lips as she turned on her side

jocelyn let a groan fall from her lips as she turned on her side. the spirits had left her with a broken neck. she picked up her head slightly, taking a glance to her surrounding before she laid her head back against the pavement.

the heretic laid in the middle of the empty road for what felt like hours until she sat up, leaning back on her elbows with furrowed brows.

"where the hell am i?" jocelyn breathed out, standing to her feet after another moment.

her feet felt heavy as they shuffled against the pavement. she wrapped her arms around herself, feeling the hollow sense in her chest grow the longer she strolled down the vacant street.

town square of mystic falls was the first thing her eyes landed on that gave her any sort of familiarity. the cars scattering the town though seemed out of a 90's timeframe. she furrowed her brows once again, peering around for any movement, but found none.

malachi parker stood in the shadows with his own look of confusion etched on his features as he watched the girl move about. he hadn't laid eyes on another human physically since his family threw him into the prison world all the years before.

the siphoner followed silently behind jocelyn until she'd found her way to a house just outside of the town square. the heretic made her way up the steps of the porch without a thought, not yet taking notice to the boy just feet behind her.

"grams?" jocelyn whispered, knowing in the back of her mind she was completely alone. when she opened the front door, it was as if she was engulfed with the familiar scent of the old woman.

the house still looked the same as from when she was a mere child. the sight would've caused tears to jocelyn's eyes if she'd felt anything, but she didn't. she felt utterly numb.

a hiss left jocelyn's lips, however, when she felt someone take ahold of her temples. she felt the energy, the magic draining by the second. a groan was next to fall from the girl until she felt the siphoner's grip let go of her head.

kai flicked his wrist, snapping the heretic's neck using the newfound magic he'd siphoned from her. "magical neck snap. never gets old."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"it's beautiful, isn't it?"

bonnie flinched visibly at the sudden presence of the voice. she turned towards it, meeting tyler's gaze. "what is that doing here, klaus? the deal we made with tyler was that you'd leave his body and jump into someone else's the first chance you got."