XXII.

YOUNG GOD
- HALSEY

YOUNG GOD - HALSEY

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"where're you going?"

"business to handle, love."

"let me come with you." jocelyn went to take off the silk robe she was wearing, but klaus was quick to grab her wrist before she could do so.

"stay here. it won't be long." klaus pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead, grinning at the innocent pout that formed on her lips. "i'll be back before you know it."

"nik—" jocelyn started, but halted in her words when the hybrid disappeared from the room.

a sigh tumbled from her lips before she climbed onto their shared bed. worry consumed her the longer klaus took to come back to her, but it quickly diminished the second she fell into a slumber.

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"you are my heart, miss odessa."

klaus had his arms wrapped tightly around jocelyn's frame, the later wrapped inside a dream. a kiss was pressed to the top of her head as he closed his own eyes, focusing on the dream the heretic was having. he swayed it from the nightmares and into one knew would allow her to sleep peacefully.

klaus, however, had his own pressing matters leading to his inability to focus on doing so. jocelyn stirred slightly when his grasp tightened, desperately trying to bask in the comfort she gave him by simply laying in his arms.

jocelyn knew the second she came to consciousness that it was klaus who had his arms wrapped around her frame. his scent invaded her senses, the heretic allowing the moment to imbed itself in her memory before she peered up towards the man.

"nik?" jocelyn whispered below her breath, her hand finding the side of his face. the tears that gleamed his eyes shined due to the moonlight casting into the room. "are you okay?"

"yes." klaus responded, his tone matching her own as he treaded his fingers through her hair with ease.

"why're you crying?" jocelyn gently swiped her thumb under his eye where a tear threatened to fall.

had it been anyone else, klaus was sure he would've lost his temper in retaliation to his fear of seeming weak, but it was her.

"talk to me," jocelyn mirrored his actions, allowing her fingers to tread through his hair as well. "please."

"my mother kept me from my true being. she put that curse on me to hide her own afflictions. when i was turned, i killed her." klaus' voice was gentle despite the topic of discussion. as he spoke, jocelyn traced shapes upon his skin with the intent to bring him comfort. "i hid the fact from rebekah and elijah, all of them. i couldn't lose them too and i knew if the truth ever came out, i would and now, rebekah knows. she'll never forgive me."