XXXI.

"elena?"

"elena?"

"shh, i'm here." the doppelgänger cooed to the raven haired vampire. he looked to her with grateful eyes, relief evident on his features.

"isn't this adorable?" jocelyn leaned against the door frame of the room, her arms crossed over her chest. elena turned to the heretic in fear as jocelyn appeared inches away within a blink of her eyes.

"jocelyn, no." damon pulled against the restraints around his wrist, sending the heretic a glare. jocelyn pushed the hair away from elena's neck gently, the evil glint in her eyes brightening by the second. "jocelyn!"

the heretic ignored damon's threats as she began to feed from the doppelgänger until she went limp in her arms. jocelyn dropped the girl at damon's feet, a smirk on her lips as the blood dripped from her chin.

"how does it feel, d?" jocelyn stepped towards him tauntingly, but damon kept his shocked eyes on the now dead doppelgänger. "how does it feel?" the heretic repeated herself, her tone growing louder.

damon let out a hiss when he felt a cut form on his cheek. his eyes met jocelyn's, seeing her use her magic to cut the letter 'j' onto his cheek only for it to heal a second later.

"you know how long i waited to do that?" jocelyn let a dry laugh slip past her lips as she kicked elena's limp foot.

"i'll kill you." damon growled out, pulling at his restraints once again. jocelyn used her magic to slash a cut into his chest next.

"you already did, sweetheart." jocelyn taunted, leaning closer to his ear. "but i'd like to see you try it again."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"welcome back, d."

damon gasped awake as jocelyn let go of his temples. her smirk was the first thing his gaze was met with. she stepped away from him after a moment, motioning towards the blonde.

"he's all yours now, bekah." jocelyn mirrored the smile on the original's lips.

"she did a number on you, didn't she?" rebekah said with a tilt of her head. she eyed the gash across his chest that had appeared as jocelyn was in his head. "and now, it's my turn."

damon cried out as rebekah shoved the knife into his gut. jocelyn leaned against the door frame of the room, watching the blonde original with a smirk.