XXXII.

REFLECTIONS
- THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

REFLECTIONS - THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"wow, that almost made me cry."

"this is depressing, isn't it?" klaus came up behind where jocelyn resided, his arms hanging loosely behind his back for a second before he brought out the stake. "oh, and i found this upstairs. now, by count there should be one more."

"it's gonna take more time." stefan replied nonchalantly, not bothering to meet the gaze of the hybrid.

"because we're waiting on that one to pass out?" jocelyn quirked an eyebrow, motioning towards alaric who'd been being held in the salvatore's basement.

"i think we'll just kill him." klaus shrugged his shoulder, his gaze remaining on the salvatore as jocelyn took slow strides towards the human.

"then you won't know the location of the other stake." stefan countered the hybrid's words.

"i can live with that." klaus went to repeat jocelyn's steps, but stefan was quick to stop the original.

"well, i can't." stefan shoved the man's frame to the slightest. "when we staked finn, we discovered that killing an original vampire killed it's entire bloodline. now, i don't know which one of you i'm descended from, but i'd really rather not find out by dying, so why don't we just find the stake and destroy it. we can all be safe."

"so the fate of the entire vampire race depends on you finding a stake?" klaus tilted his head towards the vampire, seemingly deep in thought before motioning towards alaric with the white oak stake in hand. "and to get it, we need you to pass out? which means that i feel totally justified by telling miss odessa t—"

klaus didn't get to finish his sentence before jocelyn easily snapped alaric's neck, letting his body drop to the floor in a heap.

jocelyn carelessly kicked the bottom of the human's shoe with a shrug. "see, sleeping like a baby."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"what's going on?"

jocelyn followed in toe with the hybrid into their parlor, putting her hand out to stop him from making any further moves when her eyes fell onto the original witch.

"she's dead." rebekah replied in a monotone, glancing up to the heretic and the hybrid after a moment.

klaus continued to stare down at his mother body, a sense of shock evident on his features. jocelyn intertwined their hands, beginning to trace shapes on his knuckles as she followed his gaze. she couldn't help but hear the witches words echo through her mind.