XXXIII.

everyone recited inside one of the school's teacher lounges, watching bonnie bennett intently as she performed the spell

klaus stood by where jocelyn's head was resting. he'd laid her down one of the couches in the room, worry radiating off of the hybrid. she was shuffling in her sleep, no's falling from her lips every few moments.

damon, stefan, and jamie all glanced to the heretic as well when her whimpers grew louder only to become silent a moment later. klaus was growing impatient the longer he watched her in pain.

"she does this all the time, right?" jamie questioned out loud to no one in specific as he eyed bonnie.

"what's taking so long?" klaus spoke up loudly. "all boundary spells have a loophole and the longer you take doing this task, the longer your sister stays in the state she's in."

bonnie glared at the hybrid, letting her eyes fall on her sister who withered on the couch, flinching every so often. matt and jeremy came into the lounge, pulling her attention away from the heretic.

"people are walking right out of the dance. past the barrier." matt informed the group, coming to stand in the middle of everyone.

jeremy took a step towards matt's side. "if matt and i can leave, we can stop esther ourselves. we just got to find out where she is."

"suicide, jeremy." stefan glanced to the ceiling as he spoke.

klaus, who was growing considerably impatient at the sound of whimpers, grabbed jamie by his throat roughly. "suicide would be disappointing me. now, work your magic, witch, or i'll start killing people you fancy."

"let him go!" bonnie snapped at the hybrid, motioning towards her sister. "think about her, klaus! what will she think when she wakes and i tell her about your threats?"

"i'll let him go when you get us out of here." klaus countered back to the witch, refusing to look to the heretic.

"ah, don't be stupid, klaus. bonnie doesn't give a damn about us. the only reason she's helping right now is to save caroline, tyler, and jocelyn. you start killing people she cares about, she'll tell us to go to hell."

klaus reluctantly dropped the boy from his grasp, stepping to stand by jocelyn's head once again. he pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear, trying desperately to not let the sound of her in agony cause his anger to peak any more than it already had. he knew he had to be patient. for her.

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"there's always a choice." bonnie peered at the raven haired vampire who'd attempted at apologizing for turning her mother. "whenever you make one, someone else suffers."

"let's cut the dramatics and begin, shall we?" klaus pushed off the wall he was leaning against, going to stand near the bennett witch.