Chap 4 - Sorting & My housemates

Y/n's POV

Once the boats docked in the castle's underground I watched Lee jump out next was George then Fred before me. While I was getting out the boat moved slightly that I almost fall into the cold black lake's waters until the three boys in front of me grabbed my hands and cloak while Lily was flew in front tugging on my hair and helped me onto the ground once more. "Thanks Fred, George, Lee and little Lily." I said before hugging the three boys and kissed my little lily's head as she flew onto my shoulder again chirping sweetly.

************

The first years followed Hagrid into the castle corridors where they all met a woman in emerald robes, graying black hair in a tight bun and stern look in her cat like eyes. "Everyone this is Deputy Headmistress and the transfiguration professor Minerva Mcgonagall." Hagrid introduced the young children to the woman then he headed into the great hall. "Good evening children from here you will enter the great hall to meet your future classmates and be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. While you are here your house will be like your family, your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule-breaking you will lose points at the end of the year, the house with the most points will win the house cup. Now if you'll follow me." Minvera Mcgonagall said walking into the great hall with the first years following behind her where they saw everyone in the great hall from students to teachers then a stool with a worn out, dirty brown wizard hat then it ripped open showing a mouth then sang out loud for all to hear in a scratchy gravelly voice.

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

Y/n, Fred, George and Lee clapped and cheered along with everyone else as Y/n looked at the staff table seeing Hagrid, Professor Quirrell and much more new faces yet the one that stood out the most was a man with long greasy hair, black eyes and a large crooked nose clothed in dark black robes. She waved to them all then listened to everyone's sorting til first of her friends was Lee whom was placed in Gryffindor down the line was both Fred and George Weasley placed in Gryffindor as well not before the hat laughed slightly. Professor Mcgonagall looked back at her list of names and then said out loud. "Y/n Potter." At the mention of her name the headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore stood up along with the professor in complete black. Y/n grew a bit nervous and walked up to the stool hearing whispers such as "It's really her, Y/n Potter the girl who lived against he should not be named." "That's Y/n Potter she's so cute no beautiful." Y/n climbed onto the stool and clapped her hands lightly as Lily flew off of her shoulder and into her open hands chirping sweetly at her before Minvera placed the sorting hat on the girl's head as it jumped slightly in great surprise and spoke up for everyone to hear. "Hmmm...Difficult mind I see, Great loyalty and patience suited for Hufflepuff. A clever and highly intellectual mind of a Ravenclaw. A great ambition towards your goals fitting a Slytherin but what's this I see here...A heart of pure gold willing to stand up and fight for your loved ones no matter what danger you'd face up ahead as a true Gryffindor....difficult choice indeed...." The hat became silent as everyone waited for which house, Ms. Potter would be sorted into while she looked up seeing her new friends Fred, George and Lee whom waved at her making her smile happily thus making the sorting hat shout out loud. "Better be Gryffindor!" The Gryffindor table cheered out loud screaming "We got her! We got Potter!" Minvera smiled while removing the sorting hat from the girl's head as her uniform now magically held the Gryffindor house's colors of red and gold. Y/n hopped off the stool and turned around to face the staff table and bowed politely as Lily flew back onto her shoulder while she walked towards her new house's table right next to Lee and looked at her three friends smiling happily.

********************

After everyone was sorted out the Headmaster Professor Albus Dumbledore said it was time for the feast to begin leading up to the four house tables and staff table to be filled with golden platters filled with various main courses, bowls of sides and rolls, pitchers of different drinks and gravy bowls filled with different dressings and gravy. Y/n placed some hot roasted chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy on her plate with a salad and looked down into her gold drinking goblet seeing it fill up with a new juice that the twins and Lee told her about pumpkin juice. She looked up seeing the boys were piling up their plates making her giggle softly before eating quietly while giving Lily a few pieces of her roll and a bit of chicken. While preparing a light second plate her e/c eyes caught the headmaster and the professor in black staring at her to which she smiled sweetly before waving then returned to her meal before dessert was showed. Platters piled high with brownies, cookies, cake, pudding. Bowls of custard, ice cream, jelly and fresh fruit and tiny peppermint humbugs. Lee, Fred and George handed her a plate with a treacle tart topped with vanilla ice cream with a tiny bowl of strawberries making her blush embarrassed. "Thanks guys." She said while cutting into her tart and ate it with wide e/c eyes at the taste of the dessert. Once the feast was finished the first years were escorted to their houses by their Prefects and Gryffindor's Prefect was Charlie Weasley so while walking Y/n talked to him a bit of the sport quidditch and him probably training her for the next year so she'd could join the team. Walking into the house entranceway seeing a painting of a Fat Lady whom Y/n named Hilary to be polite hearing the password "Dragon Scales" from Charlie she walked into her new dorm meeting her roommates Katie Bell and Anglina Johnson along with her O/n and stuff beside her bed. The girls changed into their night wear and talked before Y/n read form her books once more and fed O/n and gave Lily a bit more owl pellets since she is a growing baby chick. "Goodnight Angel, Kat." She said while they said goodnight back, Y/n looked out of her window from her bed smiling tiredly with a yawn. "Good night Fred, George and Lee." With those words she fall into a comfortable sleep filled with sweet dreams.

The song for this chapter.