Chap 34 - Final Task & True Bravery

Y/n's POV

A new day and the final task is ahead, The golden trio told me that Mr. Crouch was found dead in the forbidden forest and Harry told Dumbledore about the dreams we've been having about Voldemort, Wormtail and Barty Crouch Jr. Along with him seeing the past in the Pensieve in Dumbledore's office. I watched Amos and Cedric walk out first then Fleur and Madame Maxime second, third was Victor and Highmaster Igor, fourth was Dumbledore and Harry. Then finally me with Sirius, Remus and Severus whom were behaving for my sake. I stood beside Harry as Sirius hugged him as I did the same to all three father figures I have. The group cheered loudly til Dumbledore stood at the podium and placed his wand onto his neck making his voice louder. "Sonorus!" I watched everyone sit down then began listening to Dumbledore. "Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now, as Mr. Diggory...and Mr. Potter...are tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Ms. Potter...then Mr. Krum and then Ms. Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a constant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands." Dumbledore said before turning around and motioned us five constants to gather around him. "Constants! Gather around. Quickly. In the maze, you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something even more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh, find the cup if you can. But be very wary. You could just lose yourselves along the way." Dumbledore spoke quitely to us all as I gave Cedric one last hug and a kiss for goodluck on the lips. "My mum always said that love is the most powerful magic in the world, so I hope my love for you will protect you Ceddy." I said before we hugged then I went over to Harry and we hugged each other tightly. "Be strong, Harry alright. We made it this far, remember we are Potters and there is nothing we can't overcome together." I said as I kissed his forehead lightly then walked over towards Sirius, Remus and Severus near my entrance to the maze as they hugged me while wishing me luck. "Champions! Prepare yourselves!" I looked up at Fred, George and Lee as they cheered me on like mad men making me smile while Filch set off the cannon early again.

**********************

Y/n ran through the maze for what seemed to be hours, her uniform tore up by snare roots and vines til she finally found Harry. "Harry!" Y/n shouted out as they over to each other and looked around with their wands at the ready as they saved Fleur by firing their wands with the red sparks spell. "Periculum!" Then they ran off as the maze started chasing after them and closing up on top as well while they landed on their backs on the ground exhausted til they saw a pale blue light of the Triwizard Cup. Y/n and Harry walked forward until Cedric warned them to get down which they quickly did noticing that Victor was bewitched. "Ceddy stop! He's bewitched!" Y/n shouted out as she grabbed onto his arm making the sixth year hufflepuff look down at her. "Y/n? what happened to you two?" Cedric asked as she sighed relieved that he snapped out of it. "No time to explain let's go." She said while they began running towards the Triwizard Cup as the enchanted roots grabbed onto Cedric making him shout out the Potter's names. "Reducto!" Y/n and Harry shouted out then ran over pulling the vines off of him while catching their breath before the maze began moving in on the three again as they ran towards the cup seeing it there. "Go on, take it. You both saved me take it!" Cedric said as Y/n and Harry looked at each other then back at Cedric saying together towards him. "Together. One...two...three!" The three Hogwarts champions grabbed onto the cup only to fall onto the ground in a a different location. Y/n coughed slightly as she looked around seeing the landscape was familiar to the one's in her own and Harry's dreams. Y/n got onto her feet and helped Harry and Cedric up from the ground. "Where are we?" Cedric asked as Y/n and Harry looked at a huge grave stone with the grim reaper on it then saw a large cauldron in front of them. "We've been here before." Y/n and Harry whispered together as Cedric walked over to the cup kneeling down beside it. "It's a port key. Y/n, Harry, the cup is a portkey." Y/n and Harry looked at Cedric saying to him. "We've been her before...in a dream." Y/n and Harry looked at the gravestone seeing Tom Riddle's birth and death year craved into the stone. "Cedric! We have to get back to the cup. Now!" Y/n shouted out with Harry as Cedric walked over towards them confused. "What are you talking about?" That was when the three heard a door creak opening up as Y/n and Harry saw Wormtail, their scars began burning intensely. "Aagh! Oh!" Y/n and Harry held onto the their heads as Cedric gently placed a hand on Y/n's shoulder. "Y/n! Harry! What is it?" He asked as the cauldron was lite up with fire while Y/n looked at Cedric. "Get back to the cup, Cedric! Ah!" Y/n and Harry looked up seeing that Wormtail was holding a sickly baby like Voldemort in one arm. Cedric drew his wand at Wormtail. "Who are you?what do you want?" Y/n looked at Wormtail and Voldemort as the sickly thing said to kill Cedric yet the killing curse didn't hit him but knocked him near the Triwizard cup unconscious. "What magic is this?" Wormtail said before making Harry and Y/n float up til the statue held them in an iron grip as Voldemort commanded Wormtail. "Do it now! Wormtail dropped the sickly Voldemort into the bubbling cauldron then began a ritual spell. "Bone of the father unwillingly given." Wormtail broughted what looked like a femur bone to the cauldron as it caught aflame and the ashes fell into the water. Wormtail put the wand into his jacket the draw out a sharp dagger. "Flesh of the servant...willingly sacrificed." He said as he cut off his own hand letting it fall into the cauldron. "And blood of the enemies...forcibly taken." Y/n and Harry struggled in the statues hold as Wormtail cut open Harry's left and Y/n's right arm as they screamed out in pain as he took a few drops of blood and flicked it into the cauldron then said. "The Dark Lord shall rise...again." Y/n and Harry screamed out in complete agony while the cauldron completely went up in flames then a body floated from the smoke as it morphed into the dark lord himself.