Chap 30 - DADA & The Chosen Champions

Y/n's POV

It had been a few days into my fifth year of Hogwarts, I helped many new first year students along with the Beauxbatons girls and Durmstrang lads, but right now I am in my defense against the dark arts class with Fred, George, Lee, Angelina and Katie. Our new professor was a man whom I admired for his bravery to take down dark wizards and witches Alastor Moody aka Mad-eye Moody. He was teaching us all more advanced dark magic and wards to protect ourselves but what didn't sit comfortably with me is when he mentioned the three forbidden and unforgivable curses, Imperuis curse, Cruciatus curse, and lastly Avada Kedavra, the killing curse.

***********************

Moody demonstrated all of the first two unforgivable curses on a spider to Y/n's class til he walked up to Y/n's table where she sat next to Lee and placed the spider in front of her. "Care to give us all the last curse, Ms. Potter?" Moody asked as the girl shook her head only to see the man use the killing curse in front of her eyes, that famaliar flash of green light made her relive her parents deaths. "The killing curse, only two people are known to survive it and one of them is sitting in this room." Moody said as Y/n slowly picked up the dead spider and walked out of the classroom with blank e/c eyes as the bell tolled. "I can't believe he did that in front of N/n? Did you not see her face when he did the killing curse?" Lee said while they walked down the stairwell as the three noticed Y/n was staring at a stain glass window as tears ran down her face. "Y/n, are you alright?" George asked while Fred placed his hand onto her back until Moody walked behind them. "Are you doing alright, girl?" He asked as she nodded slightly towards her professor. "Come, let's have a cup of tea. I have to show you something." With that the eldest Potter and professor Moody were back in the classroom as they talked about her adventures, pranks but also her's and Harry's parents deaths.

**********************

Students of age ran some covered in rain, into the great hall admitting their names to hopefully enter the Triwizard Tournament including the Marauders's friend Cedric which Y/n disapproved of this but prayed that he'd not be chosen. Y/n sat beside Herimone as the girls watched Fred and George walk into the great hall cheering that they did it by creating an age potion. "That's not going to work." Y/n and Herimone said together in a song like voices as the Weasley twins walked over to them George behind Herimone and Fred in front of Y/n as they both explained to them the age line that headmaster Dumbledore drew around the goblet. "If this doesn't work and you two get white hair and beards you've both got to buy me a butterbeer and my favorite treat at Hogsmeade.~" Y/n sang out to Fred and George whom agreed with the bet as they downed the potion and jumped into the ring line as students cheered while Y/n counted down to ten and on six her best friend and boyfriend where blasted out of the age line grew what Y/n had predicted and then began fighting each other while everyone chanted fight to them but stopped once Victor Krum walked into the hall with Highmaster Igor and submitted his name then looked over at Herimone and she did the same to him. "Herimone has a crush.~" Y/n sang out clearly as the two girls walked back to the Gryffindor common room to get ready for the champion selection ceremony.

********************

Y/n sat in front of her brother, Harry, Ron and Hermione with Fred, George, Lee and Cedric on the other sides of her while Dumbledore announced the selection was about to begin. Durmstrang's Champion was Victor Krum, Beauxbatons Academy Champion was Fleur Delacour, and Hogwarts Champion was Cedric Diggory. As the three left the great hall to the trophy/champion room as the Triwizard Cup was show to everyone was when the goblets once blue fire became blood red again and spat out two slightly charred papers which Dumbledore caught in his hands and muttered the names, Y/n and Harry Potter. Y/n and Harry's head snapped up as he said their names more clearly as the two siblings tried to hide among their friends while Hagrid, Minvera, Severus and many others could not believe what they had heard. "Y/N AND HARRY POTTER!" Dumbledore shouted out loud as Fred and Herimone lightly pushed them forward as they walked up to their headmaster as he held out the smoking papers to them and they took them before walking side by side to the champions room as students shouted out clearly angered. "She's/He's a cheat!" "Their not even seventeen yet!" Y/n stopped in front of Severus as he looked at her. "I swear I didn't do this." Y/n whispered before following Harry as Minnie lightly patted their shoulders while they walked pass the other professors and entered the champions room. Y/n and Harry saw multiple trophies and awards won by Hogwarts students throughout the years as Victor, Fleur and Cedric looked up seeing the Potter siblings. "Y/n what are you doing here?" Cedric asked but when she was about to answer til angry voices filled the room walking towards the five students. Dumbledore grabbed Harry while Severus grabbed Y/n and asked them well more demanding answers to their questions as they answered them actually afraid. That is until Moody defended them by saying powerful magic would have to be used on the goblet which was more advanced than a fourth and fifth year student could pull off. The professors and headmasters looked at Barty Crouch Sr. as he explained to everyone.

******************

"The rules are absolute. The Goblet of Fire constitutes a binding magical contract." Barty looks over at the professors and headmasters then Y/n and Harry as he spoke clearly. "Lady and Mr. Potter have no choice. They are as of tonight...Triwizard Champions." They all looked at Y/n and Harry as the eldest held Harry close as they both shook in fear. Later that night in Dumbledore's office. "This can't go on, Albus. First the dark mark. Now this?" Minevra said while Severus and Moody were behind her as Dumbledore stood over a pensive bowl. "What do you suggest, Minevra?" Dumbledore asked as the woman stammered out before saying to him. "Put an end to it. Don't let the Potters compete." Dumbledore sighed as he said to her back. "You heard Barty. The rules are clear." Minevra and Severus stepped forward as Minevra spoke up. "Well, the devil with Barty and his rules. And since when did you accommodate the Ministry?" She said honestly as Severus interjected saying. "Headmaster, I too, find it difficult to believe this mere coincidence. However, if we are to truly discover the meaning of these events, perhaps we should...for the time being...let them unfold." He said as Minevra looked over at Severus not believing what he had just said. "What? Do nothing? Offer them up as bait? The Potters are a girl and boy, not a pair pieces of meat." She said while Dumbledore spoke up finally. "I agree...with Severus. Alastor, keep an eye on Y/n and Harry, will you?" He said as Mad eye walked forward saying. "I can do that." Dumbledore then looked over at the three professors. "Don't let them know, though. They must be anxious enough as it is..." He said as he took out his wand and placed it to his temple while drawing a buried memory from his mind. "...knowing what lies ahead. Then again, we all are." Dumbledore said as he looked down seeing an image of Y/n's and Harry's names on slightly burned parchment.

*********Next Day!*********

"I don't bloody know how my name got into that cup, Fred, George and Lee. I told you lads a million times that I wanted a normal year for Harry and I. No danger, no life and death situations or challenges. And now I think the world is against me honestly!" Y/n yelled out as they walked through the hallways and corridors til a curly blonde hair pulled her into the trophy room then Y/n was placed in a chair beside Fleur as Cedric stood behind her as a cameraman took their photo. "What a charismatic quintet. Hello. I'm Rita Skeeter." The tall pale curly blonde woman dressed in a bright lime green dress jacket trimmed with faux fur walked up to Cedric, Harry, Victor, Fleur and Y/n shaking their hands. "I write for the Daily Prophet. But of course you know that, don't you? It's you we don't know. Heh, You're the juicy news. What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks?" Rita said as she lightly rubbed Fleur's and Y/n's cheeks then slapped them. "What mysteries do the muscles mask? Does courage lie beneath these curls." She said while messing with Cedric's hair while standing between Cedric and Harry as Y/n checks Fleur's cheek carefully if she got hurt. "In short, what makes a champion tick? "Me, Myself and I" want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers. So who's feeling up to sharing? Hm?" Rita asked as everyone was quite before Rita looked at Harry. "Shall we start with the youngest? Lovely." Rita said as she pulled Harry into a tiny broom cupboard. Y/n, Cedric, Fleur and Victor looked at each other not believing this woman. As they answered Rita's interview questions one by one til it was Y/n's turn. "Don't mind if I use a Quick-Quotes Quill, do you Lady Y/n?" Rita asked as she said while sitting down "Oh, no." Rita sat down in front of the girl. "So tell me, Y/n. Here you sit a mere girl of thirteen-" Y/n stopped Rita saying. "I'm fifteen and a half. Sorry." Rita's quill fixed the mistake as Rita spoke once more. "-about to compete against four students, one whom is your own brother and friend. Not only vastly more emotionally mature than yourself apart from your brother, but who have mastered spells that you wouldn't attempt in your dizziness daydreams. Concerned?" Rita asked Y/n. "Ms. Skeeter, I'm a fifteen and a half young woman. I'm a Gryffindor Prefect and chaser for my houses Quidditch team, I look out for every student in this castle since I became a first year regardless of origin and blood status. I have great friendships here also a loving little brother and boyfriend." Y/n said honestly as she looked at the woman. "Speaking of your parents, Y/n were they alive, how do think, they'd feel? Proud? Concerned that your attitude shows, at best, a pathological need for attention...at worst, a psychotic death wish?" She asked while Y/n looked at the note pad and grabbed onto the quick quote quill. "I'm not a desperate attention seeking tart, and I've not done that with no boy ever!" Y/n shouted out angrily while breaking the quill up into pieces before disintegrating it with a spell then stormed out of the broom cupboard. Harry, Cedric and Fleur quickly followed after the girl as she growled angrily that Rita was nothing more than a lowly beetle in the dirt.