Chap 12 - Christmas & Mirror of Erised

Y/n's POV

It was nearing Christmas at Hogwarts as uncle Vernon and aunt Petunia were on holiday with Dudley so they'd would send my and Harry's Christmas presents to Hogwarts thanks to Professor Dumbledore. Right now I was walking with Harry in our winter cloaks with our owls into the courtyard and watched them fly off for their daily free fly.

It was lucky that Percy, Fred, George and Ron were staying as well this christmas because Arthur, Molly and Ginny were heading to Romania to visit Charlie at his new job with his dream of working with dragons

It was lucky that Percy, Fred, George and Ron were staying as well this christmas because Arthur, Molly and Ginny were heading to Romania to visit Charlie at his new job with his dream of working with dragons. I was lucky that Minnie took me to Hogsmeade to buy everyone christmas gifts for Dumbledore a jar of sherbet lemon candy and some wool socks, for Minnie a new gray tabby kitten, for Quirrell a new turban cloth that was soft as silk, Sprout got new garden gloves of dragon hide, for Flitwick I got him an enchanted violin and for Severus, I bought a beautiful crystal lily flower in a glass ball. I bought Percy a set of new quills, Ron was getting a huge box of various sweets from honeydukes, Hermione was getting a new book on wizarding history, George was getting a few dung bombs and frog swamp soap, for Harry I bought a broom care kit and lastly well I got Fred something special.

******************

Y/n, Fred, George and Peeves were actually behaving during Christmas break well except for a few tricks. From well timed dung bombs and a few fanged frisbees, but right now we were outside throwing snowballs around as Fred and George made a game of it.

Y/n enchanted the snowballs beside Fred and George while watching them levitate the snowballs mainly at their defense against the dark arts professor Quirrell whom has been acting strange this year even spreading garlic through his classroom which...

Y/n enchanted the snowballs beside Fred and George while watching them levitate the snowballs mainly at their defense against the dark arts professor Quirrell whom has been acting strange this year even spreading garlic through his classroom which made Y/n lose a bit of respect towards her professor. The eldest Potter was watching Ron beating Harry at wizard chess as Hermione walked into the great hall. "Wait up Hermione, this is for you Happy Christmas." Y/n said smiling as she handed the girl a large blue wrapped parcel with a silver ribbon. "Must open it on christmas alright." Y/n and Hermione hugged before she headed off to the train to head for winter break. A few days passed as Y/n walked with Minvera, Hagrid and fang in the snow far enough from Hogwarts as her Transfiguration professor nodded to her prized pupil as Y/n handed her winter cloak to Hagrid then focused placing her wand's tip to her heart as her body shifted from human to a lioness with a lightning bolt mark on it's golden and h/c mixed fur. "Well done Y/n." Minvera Mcgonagall praised as the now full animagus witch shifted back to normal while Hagrid gave her back her cloak. "Thanks Minnie for this opportunity but for now I will be unregistered since these strange things are happening around Hogwarts, I think that is the best for now so only Professor Dumbledore, you, Minnie and you, Hagrid of course Fang only know for now." Y/n said smiling at them before giving them their Christmas gifts. Hagrid was smiling happily at the freshly craved hippogriff of maple wood. "Thank you Y/n it's beautiful." Y/n smiled as she gave Fang a new bone to chew on since Minnie was back inside with her new kitten. "Your Welcome Hagrid, happy christmas." She said before walking back to Hogwarts.

*******************

Y/n slept in her empty dorm until she heard Percy, Fred, George, Ron and Harry yelling up at her dorm for her to wake up while O/n and Lily chirped happily as she got up from her bed and fed her owls and put on her glasses since it was early. Y/n walked out of her dorm seeing her little brother, friends and boyfriend around the Gryffindor common room tree smiling. "Happy Christmas boys." She said before jumping down the steps in her pjs and Weasley sweater from last year but hugged her friends and brother then kissed Fred's cheek lightly while they gathered around the tree and passed out their gifts. Everyone loved there from Y/n but Fred got a kiss under the mistletoe from her on the lips as his present as they all opened up the gifts from their families and friends. Cedric had given Y/n a dried bundle of roses, from Lee was a golden snitch charm for her necklace, from Mr. And Mrs. Weasley was a new sweater and a pound of Molly's famous fudge which hers was strawberry chocolate flavored, Fred and George had given her a box of potion ingredients from the forbidden forest and herbology class thanks to Sprout and Hagrid, Percy gave her some new parchment and quills, a few chocolate wands from Ron, a book charm from Hermione and Harry gave her moving photos of their time through Hogwarts so far, aunt Petunia and uncle Vernon had given her a new scarf and a shilling pound. Two presents remained under the tree with Y/n's and Harry's name on them, Harry had gotten their dad's invisibility cloak while Y/n got old photos and letters from their parents Hogwarts years and when they were alive including mum's wedding gown and veil. Later that night Y/n was woken up from her sleep from a pounding on  her door, when she opened it up to see Harry and Ron as the boys grabbed her hands and left the tower under the invisibility cloak to a abandoned room with a giant mirror. Y/n listened to Harry as he told her that he saw mum and dad as Ron only saw himself as Quidditch Captain and head boy. Y/n walked up to the mirror as an image of her parents showed smiling at her and kissed her cheeks before shifting into and older version of herself beside Fred holding twin bundles in blankets. A blush showed on her face as she told Ron and Harry that she saw mum and dad but not the other one. A few days of winter back passed by as Y/n and Harry sat in front of the mirror because together they could see their parents. "Here again Y/n, Harry?" The potters looked over their shoulders seeing Dumbledore. "I see like many before you now know the joys from the mirror of erised, tell me what have you two seen?" After they explained to the headmaster what the saw, Y/n told Dumbledore the other thing she had seen. "I know that I care for Fred Weasley sir but the mirror showed me what may happen one day, do you think it will happen?" She asked her mentor as he nodded slowly "Only if you focus on what lies ahead in the real world Ms. Potter and don't focus on fantasy." The knowledgeable wizard said as he escorted the children back to their tower under the cloak.

Y/n lied in her bed looking at the ceiling thinking about her future and looked at her parents wedding photo in her hand. "I'm willing to fight for my future love and life til the end." She said while falling into a gentle sleep.