Chap 9 - Hogwarts is my Home

Y/n's POV

I was now on the Hogwarts's Express taking Harry to the compartment near my own and kissed his head making him smile. "I'll be right next door if you need me okay." I said with my two owl's feathers in my fishtail braid, the darker one belonged to O/n and the lighter one belonged to Lily with her uniform robes on then watched her brother head into his own compartment before entering her own.

****************

Y/n walked into her and her friends compartment with a smile seeing Fred, George and Lee joking around before looking at Y/n from the door. "Let's relax boys and think about what we're going to do back at Hogwarts but Fred, George, you guys have to start to seriously study and focus on getting better at our classes if you guys want to make those prank sweets. I'm thinking puking pastels, fever fudge, truth gummies and many others." She said before sitting beside Fred and set her legs onto his lap. "A new year of mischief making and funny chaos." Fred and George said as George and Lee laughed at Fred's burning red cheeks. "You alright Freddie? You got a fever, feel ill or got a stomach ache?" She asked while up and placed her hand onto his forehead lightly. "Your temperature is normal though how odd. You like a girl then Freddie?" She teased him as George and Lee bursted out laughing making Y/n and Fred look at them confused but they all just laughed as the candy trolley lady came as the four bought their favorite sweets including a box of Bertie Bott's Beans for guess what flavor game and of course their jelly bean fight.

Once the quartet arrived at Hogsmeade and boarded the horseless carriage to arrive at Hogwarts once there Fred, George and Lee headed into the great hall while Y/n stood beside Minnie and talked to her even making her laugh softly as the new first years arrived. Minvera greeted them as she did Y/n's class but left to get the list of names to be sorted. Y/n heard a annoying voice speaking. "So it's true as they said on the train, Y/n and Harry Potter has come Hogwarts at last. I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." The boy said as he walked over to Harry and Ron with two chubby boys. Ron laughed making Draco glare at him. "Think my names funny do you? No need to ask what your name is, red hair, hand me down robes you must be a Weasley." He said as Y/n stood behind of Draco and cleared her throat lightly before the five boys looked up. "Excuse me, Draco correct? For your information the Weasleys are good people and if I even see you picking on my brother or his friends, the Marauders will have to give you a pranking of a lifetime and I don't make lite threats." Y/n said smiling sweetly as the platinum blonde haired boy shrank back in fear. "Harry, Ron good luck, I'll see you two after your sorting." Y/n said happily and kissed Harry's and Ron's cheeks before heading into the great hall. She fixed her uniform and put on her pointed hat as she sat beside Lee and looked at the doors anxious for the sorting to begin. The pranksters watched everyone being sorted as Y/n hugged the first girl whom was sorted into Gryffindor by the name, Hermione Granger. "If anyone messes with you, Mione. We witches have to look after each other." She said as Ron was sorted into Gryffindor like everyone of the Weasleys boys were since they all had hearts of the Gryffindor lion. Minvera Mcgonagall said Harry's name made Y/n sit up and looked at her brother with anticipation as the sorting hat was placed on his head.

Y/n stood up cheering like a crazy girl she was when the hat said Gryffindor for Harry as the Potter siblings hugged each  as the house table went nuts. "We got both the Potters!" Fred, George and Lee hugged Y/n as Harry sat beside Ron. They all listened to Dumbledore warning speech about the third floor and a warning to not go near or in the forbidden forest as well to which Y/n, Fred and George groaned disappointed but they had a plan in mind. As the feast began Y/n was talking to Hermione until she noticed that her godfather Severus Snape was staring at Harry although she knew why since Harry looked a lot like their dad but had mum's green eyes. While everyone was eating Sir Nicholas popped up from a platter of roasted chicken legs making Ron freak out. "Ello welcome to Hogwarts, young Gryffindors." He said smiling as the other ghosts appeared from the grey lady, the fat friar and the bloody baron to many others. "Evening Sir Nicholas so nice of you to pop up." Y/n said smiling sweetly as the ghost greeted her. "Ello Ms. Potter are you ready for Quidditch season this year?" Y/n shrugged at the ghosts question "We shall see my nearly headless friend." She said while Ron greeted him and Herimone how he was nearly headless as the ghost showed them all why which led to Ron screaming out in fright but Harry looked astonished. After the feast Perfect Prefect Percy took the first years off to the dorms while Severus, Minvera and Dumbledore spoke with Y/n in the headmaster's office. "What do you mean by that professors? I thought Harry and I were safe from Voldemort, yet you Headmaster believe that he's here somewhere that is reason for the death warning and no entrance to the forbidden forest." Y/n said as she was sucking on a sherbet lemon candy thanks to Albus Dumbledore. "I'll make sure to stay beside Harry and his friends then ugh Fred, George and Lee are not going to be happy with me. Anyway goodnight professors." She said bowing before leaving the room and gently rubbed her scar from the slight pain from it as Professor Quirrell walked past her while she headed to Gryffindor Tower.

*****************

Y/n explained everything to her friends and Peeves in the empty common room. "So I'll be keeping a eye on harry and his friends if something happens to him or myself." She said honestly playing with her now wavy hair when she removed her braid an hour ago as they heard a familiar shout as Percy glared at them covered in green gooey slim making the second generation of Marauders laugh with their troublemaking poltergeist friend. "Good one Freddie and Georgie!" Y/n said as she laughed at the hilarious sight before taking a picture of Percy and the twins. Later that night Y/n lied in bed thinking about the warning Dumbledore had given her along with the task ahead of her but then again, she wasn't scared of Voldemort or fighting him because she'd do anything to protect her family and friends in this school and the rally the den filled with lions and lionesses. "Hogwarts is my home and I will defend it with my last breath along with everyone I love inside these walls." Y/n said smiling before falling asleep.

" Y/n said smiling before falling asleep