Chap 19 - X-mas and Valentine's

Y/n's POV

I swear at times, I think I am cursed in more ways than one. Stranger things happening around Hogwarts from petrified Mrs. Norris to which Filtch tired to blame harry but well never mess with a protective sister, even students one by one are being the same as Mrs. Norris and people still blame Harry and I for it. I've not spoken to Fred nor Cedric for months as fall turned to winter with Christmas fastly approaching yet I was helping Herimone with the polyjuice potion which was created by the former Potions professor of Hogwarts, Horace Slughorn. After we finished some of it I managed to talk Myrtle into coming with me by the corridors turning break of classes as I spotted Ginny writing rapidly in a black leather diary in her winter cloak. "Ginny are you alright?" I asked making her jump along with snapping the book shut before looking at me. "Oh, Y/n. I'm alright never been better since Christmas is nearly here."

*****************

Y/n and Myrtle look at Ginny curiously before the Third year hugged the only Weasley girl. "True, Gin quite true and I got my shopping done early. Come on let's head inside and head to lunch." Y/n said smiling sweetly at the girl. They two walked into the great hall and ate fresh chicken soup with rolls and some salad as Harry, Ron and Hermione joined them. "Happy early Christmas everyone." Y/n said smiling as she gave them an envelope which had five gold galleons in them. Truthfully the Gryffindor girl had given the small gifts earlier before the break started to her teachers and friends that still acknowledged her along with patching things up with her godfather Severus. She had gotten Harry a new set of Quidditch gloves, Ron another box of Honeydukes sweets, advanced potions book for Herimone, a set of gold lion hair pins for Ginny, Fred and George were getting more joke supplies, for Lee a new set of hair ties since his hair was getting crazy long, Dumbledore was getting a jar of licorice snaps, Mcgonagall a new swan feather quill, Hagrid a new rock cake recipe along with a bone for Fang, and for Severus was a framed moving picture of her as first year hugging him thanks to Hagrid whom took the photo. She held Cedric's gift in her trunk since what happened the fourth year Hufflepuff has been trying to apologize only to be cut off by Harry being a protective brother of his sister.

*Valentine's Day nearly Spring with a light snow fall*

Y/n walked through the corridors near the courtyard in her winter cloak with Peeves beside her as she set up a new dungbomb prank paired with a boil hex for the older students until a familiar sweet as honey voice filled her ears. "I thought that, I'd find you here Y/n." Cedric said as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously while Y/n and Peeves glared at him. "Peeves can you go get Fred, George and Lee please for this prank, I can deal with Diggory here." She said making the boy flinch yet he knew that he deserved it, She had forgiven Fred at Christmas when her boys gave her an avalanche of gifts from her favorite pranks, sweets and such. As the poltergeist left the two alone. "What do you want, Diggory? Watch out the evil heiress may get you next, oh wait it won't because you are talking to her. Haven't you hurt me enough already?" She asked while walking out into the courtyard as Cedric followed after her while snow fall gently onto them. Cedric gently grabbed her wrist as Y/n stopped walking and looked back at Cedric as he looked at down at her then hugged her close. "I'm sorry really, I didn't mean to hurt you. If I could take back from hurting the most amazing girl I know here whom I am glad to call my best friend, I would in a heartbeat." He said seriously as they looked at each other. Y/n reached up and wiped away the tears from Cedric's eyes sighing softly. "Your lucky that I care about you silly badger, but never do that to me again got it?" She said honestly as he nodded excitedly before looking embarrassed. "And Y/n I know it's late but I'd like to give you my Christmas gift to you." He said as he pointed up at the fountain griffin statue while the young Hufflepuff and Gryffindor saw a heart shaped flower appeared above them. "Oh..." Y/n said blushing bright red as did Cedric before they both looked into each other's eyes as they leaned forward until their lips met in a sweet kiss.

Fred's POV♤

I felt my heart stop beating at what George, Lee, Peeves and I were seeing. Cedric and Y/n were kissing under Valentine's flower that Lockhart ordered that acted like mistletoe as snow fall gently onto them. Diggory and I have become rivals when it came to Y/n since we both liked her more then friends, I mean how couldn't we? Y/n was a brilliant prankster, smart, funny, loyal and beautiful. I ran towards them as did George, Lee while Peeves floated behind us until I heard the words that shattered my heart.

*********

"Will you be my girlfriend, Y/n?" Cedric asked as he looked down at her blushing embarrassed as she tackled him down into the snow. "You silly badger, I'd love to be your girlfriend Ceddy." Y/n said as she helped him up from the snow while they hugged each other as Cedric began spinning her around making her laugh happily then stopped seeing their friends. She kissed Cedric's cheek making him blush again as she ran towards Fred, George and Lee hugging them close. "Ceddy is back fellas also Badger and I are now a couple." Y/n said as she squealed happily as she gave them all bear hugs before walking off happily. "I've got to tell Herimone, Ginny, Percy, Ron, Harry and anyone else who will hehe!" She yelled out loud while Cedric stared at her walking away with a lovestruck smile on his face as George and Lee congratulated him yet Fred looked at Y/n walking away sadly. During dinner in the great hall Cedric and Y/n held hands at the Gryffindor table with her head resting on his shoulder as he kissed her forehead. Herimone, Angelina and Katie were awing at the new couple while Harry and Ron gagged. Fred poked at his food not really hungry as George and Lee looked at him then Cedric and Y/n now knowing that Hyena had loved Lioness first, yet things change in time.