Chap 5 - Classes & Godfather

Y/n's POV

I jumped out of my bed and quickly woke up Angelina and Katie thanks with the help from O/n and Lily. We brushed our teeth, combed and styled our hair and put on our uniforms. My h/c hair was in a down hairstyle with a braided crown on the side with a low ponytail. I had my contacts in so I wouldn't need my glasses today so early in the morning then I whistled as Lily flied carefully to my shoulder and nuzzled into my neck again while hiding in my hair as Kat gave me my school satchel that once belonged to my mum as I filled it carefully up with my school books and supplies thanks to my mum whom placed an expanding and weightless charm on it so I could carry everything. Angel, Kat and I run down the steps and headed off to our first two class transfiguration and potions before breakfast as Fred, George and Lee caught up with us.

********************

Transfiguration class with Professor Mcgonagall or as Y/n calls her Minnie went well turning a match to a needle for the young girl as she helped Lee beside her along with Fred and George after class the quartet walked side by side into the dungeon for potions. The dungeons were dark and ice cold causing Lily to bury herself deeper into her mistress's neck for warmth, once inside the classroom Fred and George sat beside each other as Y/n sat beside Fred and Lee on her other side in the front of the class while they talked about the potions that they could use with their pranks until the professor walked into the classroom saying to the young first years. "There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few..." the professor trailed off looking at Y/n as she was writing down his every word into her notes with her quill. "Who possess the predisposition...I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." The professor walked up to Y/n's table slowly still speaking as she wrote carefully. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention." Lee gently nudged Y/n causing her to look at him before up at the professor. "Ms. Potter. Our new celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" He asked as Y/n set her quill into her ink well carefully before looking straight at the professor unafraid saying out loud and clear. "The combination of Asphodel and Wormwood create a sleeping potion so powerful that is it known as the Draught of the living dead." The professor nodded before saying towards her. "Another question, Tell me Ms. Potter where would you look if I find you to find a Bezoar?" Y/n sat up straight saying. "A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and will save you from most poisons." The professor nodded before speaking to her one final question. "Final question, what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?" Y/n slammed her hands onto her table making everyone jump slightly while she stood up and glared at the professor unamused by the constant string of questions to her but answered it nonetheless. "Monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of Akimate. Are those answers enough to the questions you tossed at me alone professor or do you wish to try to humiliate me even more then you have by picking on me even though I was taking notes on everything you were saying?" She asked him as the man looked down at the child in shock yet walked back to his desk saying to the class. "Well why are you all not writing all of this down and Gryffindor's note that ten points will be added thanks to your classmate's perfect answers." The sound of quills against parchment was heard all around while Y/n sat back down and wrote down the answers she said before looking up seeing the potions professor was glancing at her. "Ms. Potter kindly stay after class, I wish to speak with you in private." He said as her friends looked at her worried.

After class was over Fred walked over to Y/n and said. "We'll save you some breakfast N/n." Y/n smiled sweetly up at Fred as she finished packing up her supplies and notes of the class before hugging Fred. "Thank you Freddie and make sure Lee or George take any of it okay, I'll see you guys in a bit." She said while watching the red headed boy walk away with a light blush on his face as the door closed behind her friend, she stood up and walked towards the professor's desk. "You wished to speak to me sir?" Y/n asked as the professor looked at her sighing some what. "Severus Snape, Professor Snape to you Ms. Potter. You are quite knowledgeable about potions and the ingredients to produce them just as well....I knew your mother Lily Evans/Potter we were best friends until I made a horrible mistake by calling her the insulting name of mudblood. I loved her even when she married your father James Fleamont Potter and over the years we regained our lost friendship that when you were born, Lily and James made me your godfather." He said honestly as well seriously. Y/n looked at the man with wide e/c eyes as the sun from the glass windows made her h/c hair shine red as flames in autumn. "Wait...I remember little bits of you when I was two well mainly your hair and nose but that night is what I remember most, you hugging my mum's deceased body crying....Can I call you uncle Snape then?" She asked hoping he said yes to which the man begrudgingly nodded til he was hugged by the young potter girl, looking down at her seeing her smile it was like seeing her mum smile to him. "Alright that's enough now head off to breakfast before you don't eat at all, Y/n" Severus said before the girl grabbed her satchel and ran out of the classroom and towards the great hall. "Y/n Lily Potter is a lot like you Lily in some ways yet also to my horror like James, hopefully she won't bully Slytherins like he once did." Snape thought to himself.

**************

Y/n walked into the great hall and found her boys before sitting down Fred gave her a plate filled with sunny side up eggs, bacon, sausage, a fruit cup of berries and a waffle with some buttered toast. "Thanks Freddie!" She said before lightly pecking him on the cheek innocently making the boy turned red as his hair while George and Lee laughed at him as she ate her breakfast and explained what happened to her friends while they left the great hall after breakfast heading to their flying class with Madame Hooch.