Chap 33 - Riddle Song & Second Task

**Brief mentions of Nudity**

Y/n's POV

These last few days have been hectic; I couldn't figure out this golden egg at all, luckily after my Prefect duties for the night I could head to the Prefect baths for a relaxing soak. On the way there as I opened up the door only see Cedric pop out of the water gasping for air as Myrtle floated over to me. "Ceddy, Myrtle what in the name of Salazar Slytherin is going on...oh my godric!" I quickly realized that if Cedric was in the bath then I quickly covered my eyes. "Put on some clothes, put on some clothes right now!" I whispered yelled at my friend as I did heard water splashing then quick ruffling of clothes. "I'm good now, N/n." Cedric said as I uncovered my eyes seeing my friend was now dressed thankfully. "What were you doing here, Cedric?" I asked as he explained to me about our golden eggs and the water then I told him to leave so first I could use the bath and find out the secret to our prize.

**********

**********

Y/n walked out of the changing area and walked out to the in her red robe as I turned on the bath's water then quickly removed her robe and got into the warm waters and lily scented bubbles. Y/n sighed softly before looking at the golden egg grabbing it then placed it in the water and dived down opening it slowly as she heard not a screech but a beautiful melodious song voice. "Come seek where our voices sound, we can not sing above the ground, an hour long, You'll have to look to recover what we took.~" Y/n shot out of the water and put the egg on the edge of the bath coughing lightly. "Mermaids oh bloody hell, I have to talk to Minnie." She quickly washed up and got out of the tub, putting on her robe then changed into her long red nightgown before running back to the Gryffindor tower and knocked on Minevra's door as the woman greeted her. "Mermaids, Minnie. I need an advanced transfiguration spell that changes a person into a creature or fantastic beast that can breathe under water for more than a hour." Y/n said while the professor looked at her prized pupil and welcomed her into the room as they began reading and trying multiple spells on the eldest Potter til she found what she needed, Y/n then went to bed prepared for the second task. The next few days were filled with first years ordering boxes of Weasley's Weezes Prank boxes which Fred, George, Lee and Y/n filled with their joke sweets and treats as Y/n showed them all what each treat did but her favorite was when she ate a Bertie Bott's every flavor bean then roared out like a lioness. Y/n, Fred, George, Lee and Peeves were talking in the courtyard as the girl explained the riddle song to them. "Something or someone I treasure is what I'd have to get back in the second task. Fred, George and Lee you've got to be careful alright." She said honestly as Peeves began pouting at the group. "Peeves your a poltergeist, you can't get trapped underwater." Y/n said smiling sweetly before kissing Fred on the lips then George and Lee on their cheeks. "Good luck lads, I'm going to go talk to Minnie and Severus." As she walked away Fred was watching her walk away with a deep red blush on his face. "Your whipped Fred." George said as Lee smacked him on the back. "Oh, Y/n I love you, would you marry me and become Mrs. Frederick Weasley." Lee and George teased their brother and friend making Peeves laugh loudly. "So tell us, Freddy boy what did you two do after the Yule ball hmm?~" George asked as Fred looked around before clearing his throat. "Well we made out then things started getting heated fast..." George and Lee looked at each other then at Fred. "You two didn't do a private lesson on a broomstick, right?" George asked as Fred glared at his brother. "What, No George we didn't do that! Besides I respect Y/n's choices and she does the same for me, Merlin though she can french kiss better than any girl here I bet." Fred said smiling til he noticed that George and Lee were quite and tight lipped looking up at the person in front of them. Fred looked up seeing Professor Snape glaring down at him. "Mr. Weasley would you follow me to the headmaster's office right now." Snape said in his usual manner before walking away with Fred following him as they got to Dumbledore's office seeing Ron, Hermione, Cho, and Fleur's little sister; Gabrielle before everything went black.

************************

Y/n stood on the Second task's platform with Harry, Cedric, Fleur and Victor talking til George and Lee ran up to her. "George, Lee what are you two doing down here and where's Freddie?" She asked as Neville ran past her handing Harry what looked like gillyweed. "We don't know we've not seen him since yesterday night." George said as Y/n looked over at the black lake's waters. "The riddle song...Come seek where our voices sound, we can not sing above the ground. An hour long you'll have to look to recover what we took....Fred's underwater that's what the mermaids took from me." She said honestly now anxious to jump into the water as Dumbledore spoke to the crowd. "Last night a treasure of sorts of the five champions was taken and placed into the waters of the Black lake, where our champions will have but one hour to retrieve their treasure and come back up to the surface."  Y/n breathed slowly before removing her champion sweatpants and hoodie as George took them then Y/n took out her wand in her red and gold Hogwarts bikini and waved it over her body. "Aquarius Sirena." She said as the cannon went off Y/n and Harry began choking for air til Moody pushed them into the freezing cold water of early spring. Y/n breathed deeply in the water as she looked at her webbed hands and her legs that became like a Greek siren's tailfin while feeling her neck only to find gills then looked back at Harry seeing him with webbed hands, gills and flipper fins where his feet were. "Can you see her Lee?" George asked while Angelina and Katie looked down at the water with everyone else until two certain Potters leapt out of the water shouting out, making everyone cheer out as they landed back into the water. Y/n swam easily through the water and kelp scaring off the tiny octopus like sea creatures from Fleur but she was forced to withdraw before Y/n headed towards the Mermaids dwelling there Cedric saved Cho first, Victor saved Herimone. Y/n gently caressed Fred's face before blasting the rope that kept him grounded and pushed him up to the surface as she was Harry fighting the mermaids to save Ron and Fleur's little sister, Gabrielle as well. Y/n quickly swam over and attacked the mermaids getting Harry to escape safely to the surface with Ron and the girl. "Harry where's Y/n?" Herimone, George and Lee asked as Fred was helped onto the dock to dry off. "She fought the mermaids to get me back up here." Harry said worried as everyone looked at the water as they saw rapid bubbles forming on it's surface then Y/n jumped out onto the dock platform coughing up water as everyone saw her red fish tail before she undid the transfiguration spell. "Y/n!" Harry ran over to his sister as Fred, George and Lee did the same along with her other friends. Harry gently moved her to sit up while Minvera put a blanket around her shoulders lightly. "Well done my dear girl." Minerva said smiling while her prized pupil smiled back at her as Dumbledore announced that Cedric got first place for a perfect bobblehead charm, Harry got second for saving not only Ron but Fleur's sister, Y/n got third for perfecting a difficult high level transfiguration spell and fighting off mermaids to save her friends so they could escape back up to the surface.

*Later that night*

Y/n sat in the common room warming up with a mug of hot chocolate as Fred, George and Lee sat next to her. "That was crazier than the dragons, N/n. Are you sure your ready for the final task in a few weeks?" Lee asked as Fred held onto Y/n whom was wrapped up in a huge fluffy blanket and George sipped some pumpkin juice from his own cup. "Ready as I'll ever be, Lee. Although I am scared of this last one more then the previous two tasks, my scar will not stop burning." Y/n said honestly as she placed her now empty mug on the table while snuggling up to Fred. "I'm just glad we're all safe and sound, Y/n here nearly had a panic attack when she knew you were underwater, Fred." George said as Lee rolled his eyes at George while Fred kissed Y/n's forehead softly. "Let's stop talking about this lads and let our fearless lady rest." Fred said glancing down at Y/n whom was fast asleep from the long day.

*Hi, AshleyGryffindor here. I'd like you readers to guess what will happen to Y/n Lily Potter in the next chapter if you guess correctly, I'll put you in the next part of the book; Order of the Phoenix. You chose your house, class year number.