Chap 39 - The Marauders Never Die

Y/n's POV

It's Christmas Eve at the order of the Phoenix hideout as Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, and I were staying here for holiday break. It was nice to be away from Umbitch and her RIDICULOUS amount of new idoitc rules while being with my friends and family again happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here we go. Daddy's back." Molly said wheeling Arthur into the kitchen by wheelchair. Everyone clapped smiling happily except Y/n and Harry were in a different room as Molly handed out Christmas presents to everyone. Ron got a new sweater, Fred and George got matching scarfs. Y/n and Harry walked into the kitchen in their best dress outfits with Sirius not far behind them as the Weasley children and Herimone settled the table for Christmas dinner. "Come on, then, everyone, let's clear this away. Oh, Y/n, Harry! There you both are." Molly said walking towards them with a gift each in hand. "Happy Christmas." Molly hugged them close as they did her. "Thank you, Molly." Y/n said smiling in her red formal dress with green trimmings to be festive and mistletoe weaved into her long h/c hair. "Lovely to have you both with us. Now, Daddy--pass that to Daddy." Molly said as Y/n and Harry opened up their gifts finding new warm woolen scarves before looking over at Sirius smiling as he smiled back at them. "A Christmas toast! To Ms Y/n and Mr. Harry Potter...without whom I would not be here. Y/n and Harry." Y/n and Harry looked at each other then at everyone holding a glass of Christmas punch in a toast to them. "Y/n and Harry!" Arthur, Molly, Fred, George, Ron, Ginny, Herimone and Sirius said together towards the Potter siblings. Y/n and Harry looked over at Sirius as he winked at them. Y/n stood beside Harry til they heard Kreacher talking to them rudely. "Nasty brats standing there as bold as brass. Y/n and Harry Potter-- the girl and boy who stopped the Dark Lord, friends of Mudbloods and blood traitors alike. If my poor mistress only knew..." Y/n stepped forward about to punch the rude old house elf. "Kreacher! That's enough of your bile. Away with you!" Sirius yelled at Kreacher as he bowed to him saying. "Of course, Master. Kreacher lives to serve the noble house of Black." Y/n looked over at Sirius with Harry as he walked up to them. "Sorry about that. He never was very pleasant even though I was a boy. Not to me, anyway." Y/n looked at the family line tree on the walls of the room they were in. "What, what, you grew, you grew up here?" Y/n and Harry asked him. "This is my parent's house. I offered it to Dumbledore as headquarters for the order. The only useful thing I've been able to do. This is the Black family tree. My deranged cousin, Bellatrix. I hated the lot of them. My parents with their pure-blood mania." Sirius said while he pointed up to were his face once was at on the fabric of the Black family tree. "My mother did that after I ran away. Charming woman. I was sixteen." Y/n and Harry looked at him sadly. "Where did you go? They asked him as he smiled nostalgically yet sadly. "Your dad's. I was always welcome at the Potters'. I see him so much in you, Harry and I see her so much in you, Y/n. You both are so very much alike your mum and dad." Sirius said as Y/n sighed softly as she looked up at Sirius. "I'm not so sure, Padfoot. Sirius, when we saw Arthur attacked, we weren't just watching. We were the snake. And afterwards, in Dumbledore's office, there was a moment when I, I want to... This connection between Harry, Myself and Voldemort, what is the reason for it is that we are becoming more like him? I-I just feel so angry all the time and I know Harry does as well. And...what if, after everything that I've been through, Something's gone wrong inside me? What if I'm becoming bad, Voldemort already gave me his mark?" Y/n said slowly freaking out as Sirius and Harry stopped her from shaking. "I want you to both to listen to me very carefully, Y/n, Harry. You're both not a bad people. You're both very good people who bad things have happened to. And Y/n, dark mark or not, you're a smart, fearless and honest young witch. You both understand? Besides the world isn't spilt into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." Sirius said as Y/n and Harry smiled at their father's oldest friend and hugged him close til Herimone knocked on the door frame. "Y/n, Harry time to go." Y/n needed as she walked beside her brother and Sirius. "When all of this is over, we'll be a proper family. You'll see." Y/n smiled as Sirius hugged Harry before she kissed Sirius's cheek. "Be safe, Padfoot alright." She said before walking out with Herimone and Harry.