Chap 15 - The Burrow & Floo powder

Y/n's POV

It's a few hours since Fred, George and Ron did the most stupid and crazy rescue mission in Mr. Weasley's flying car for the remainder of the summer until the next term at Hogwarts begins. While we were nearing the burrow, I took out my broom and kicked the car door open in the air then jumped out only for me to hear Harry and Ron freaking out and said I've gone mad. Fred and George laughed saying to them. "Your sister Harry is more of a daredevil than any Gryffindor we know don't worry." Fred and George said in unison. I flew beside the car in a broom surfing and laughed happily as Harry and Ron looked at what I was doing before the wind blew through my hair showing my smile. I did barrel rolls, loop da loops and some sloth hanging as I flew beside the car. As the enchanted car hit the ground carefully, I floated down with ease while Fred and George got my own and Harry's luggage. My e/c eyes looked at the burrow smiling at the odd house which was held together by magic no doubt. "I love magic." I said quitely as I walked into the house with Ron, Harry in the front and Fred and George behind me as Harry and I saw the whole Weasley clan home filled with magic, dishes washing themselves, needles knitting a sweater, among other things and a grandfather clock that had all the Weasleys faces and locations on it. Fred, George and Ron's images moved from unknown to home.

*****************

"It's not much but it's home." Ron said eating a brownie as Y/n and Harry smiled at the home. "We think it's brilliant." Y/n was then sandwiched between Fred and George Weasley as she laughed sweetly at least until stomping was heard coming downstairs. Molly Weasley was always a kind woman yet had the anger of a lioness if needed making the three red heads move back in fright. "WHERE HAVE YOU THREE BEEN?! BEDS EMPTY, THE CAR GONE! YOU COULD HAVE DIED, YOU COULD HAVE BEEN SEEN!" Molly shouted out angrily at her sons before looking over at Y/n and Harry whom backed up a bit smiling as her eyes softened a bit and tone of voice lowered. "Hello Y/n, Harry of course I don't blame you two dearies. We were wondering how you two were doing since Y/n always answers letters from her friends immediately. You two must be hungry sit down all of you." Molly said as she used her wand to set the table. "Molly let me help you cook, it's the least I could since we got here." Y/n said as she helped Molly with breakfast from a platter filled with sunny side up eggs, a plate filled with bacon and sausage along with a plate piled with toast. Y/n hummed the sorting hat song as she cooked a few sausages in a skillet not knowing that Fred was watching her smiling til George nudged him in the side whispering. "Your staring Freddie." Y/n looked over at the twins smiling as she began plating fresh and hot sausages onto Ron's and Harry's plates. "Mummy have you seen my jumper?" Molly looked at her daughter saying. "It's on the cat dear." Ginny stared at Harry and Y/n Potter. "Hello again Ginny, oh look at you. So cute your growing up to be." Y/n said smiling sweetly as Harry smiled at her "hello, I'm Harry." Ginny ran off back upstairs. "Did I say something wrong?" Harry asked while Y/n ran upstairs after Ginny. "Ginny, hold on girl. What's all that bout?" Y/n asked in Ginny's bedroom seeing the new first year girl was a blushing mess and then squealed jumping up and down. "Oh my GODRIC, you like my brother don't you Gin? Oh don't worry I won't tell a soul." The girls hugged each other as they walked back downstairs as Percy handed Y/n her Hogwarts letter. "Whoa, pretty expensive stuff this year. Molly are you sure you don't need my help with this? Gilderoy Lockhart books are super expensive." She asked while putting on her Gryffindor school cloak. Molly shook her head slightly. "No, dear we'll manage, well there is one place where we will get all of this Diagon Alley." The Weasleys and Potters surround the fireplace as Molly grabbed a flowerpot filled with gray gravel like powder. "Once Harry you first." Y/n saw her brother's confusion. "Um, Molly. Harry has never traveled by floo powder before." Y/n said honestly before lightly pushing Ron ahead. "You show him Ronnikins." She said while making the second year blush while as he took some floo powder and stepped into the fireplace. "Diagon Alley!" Ron said as he tossed the powder down and green flames consumed him then left an empty fireplace. "See it's easy Harry just speak clearly, you know what I'll go with you." Y/n said as she grabbed her brother's hand as he grabbed some powder. "Diagonalley." Harry said making Y/n look at Harry worried as they were off in green fire. "What did he say dear?" Molly asked Arthur as the Weasleys looked at their dad. "I believe he said Diagonalley." They quickly flooed to Diagon Alley while Y/n and Harry ended up in a dusty and creepy looking shop covered in dust. "Ugh, Harry you need to speak more clearly." Y/n said as she helped her brother up as they looked at the odd items around the shop. "Wicked place." Y/n said smiling before looking out of the window seeing familiar platinum blonde hair and put harry in a iron maiden like box as she looked at a opal necklace. As the door opened up young Draco Malfoy walked into the shop along with his father Lucius malfoy. "Don't touch anything Draco." Y/n looked over hearing the name. "Draco? Well look at you gotten taller I see." Y/n said smiling as the blondes looked at her. "Who are you miss?" Lucius Malfoy asked seeing her Gryffindor patch on her cloak. "Y/n sir, Y/n Lily Potter. And you must be Draco's father." She said honestly as the shop clerk's and Lucius's eyes widen before the oldest Malfoy picked up her hand and kissed it. "A pleasure to meet you young lady, my son here has told me a lot about you. May I ask why your here in Knockturn Alley?" He asked as Y/n got her hand away from the man. "Oh just looking interesting things for up pranks and curiosities. Plus I heard that Knock turn Alley is just the place if you looking to ahem cause trouble with muggles. Honestly I can't stand living among them even though I have pureblood friends at Hogwarts and Draco I hope you got my letter about me training you for Quidditch this year." She said honestly in a complete lie. While the Malfoy family completed their transaction Y/n talked to the owner Mr. Borgins before her and Harry slipped out of the shop as many dark wizards and witches crowded them until Hagrid saved them. "What were you two doing in Knockturn Alley, people would think your both up to no good?" Their half giant friend asked. "Harry was nervous with his first time with floo powder Hagrid, thank Merlin I know how to dodge vile purebloods questioning. But why were you there Hagrid?" Y/n asked as he explained to the two about flesh eating slug repellent for Hogwarts cabbages til Herimone ran out to them hugging both Y/n and Harry before fixing the boy's glasses.

************************

The three walked into the bookstore to purchase their third and second year school books. Fred, and George hugged Y/n as Molly dusted the two off free of soot from the fireplace. "We are fine Molly, just got out of Knockturn Alley from a mispronouncation on Harry's part." The Weasleys boys said wicked as the middle aged and young witches around them began acting like lovesick schoolgirls except Y/n as the wizard Gilderoy Lockhart walked out from the back. A decent looking man in periwinkle blue robes with golden blonde hair and blue eyes paired with a charming smile. "Mum fancies him." Ron said getting a smack on his shoulder from Molly as Y/n sighed softly. "Well I don't fancy a fake like him, I doubt he even truly did everything he wrote about it's pathetic really." She said while a photographer for the Daily Prophet began taking pictures of Lockhart til he looked up seeing Y/n and Harry. "It can't be, Y/n and Harry Potter?" Everyone looked over at them. "Come on up here you two, come on." He said smiling while the photographer pushed the two to the man in front as he shook Harry's hand and kissed Y/n's hand making her vomit in her mind. "Smile big now you two, ahem Ladies and gentlemen. Who would have know today at Flourish and Blott's bookstore for my signing of my book 'Magical Me' that the Potter siblings would be getting my complete series of books free of charge and I announced that as of today I'll be the newest defense against the dark arts professor at Hogwarts. I'll be teaching Y/n and Harry Potter here." he said as he gave each of them a huge stack of books before they walked off the stage once the photographer took their picture. "Let me get those signed for you dear." Molly said taking Y/n's books while harry gave his to Ginny. Y/n spoke to Fred and George laughing til she heard. "Bet you two enjoyed that didn't you the famous Y/n and Harry Potter can't walk into a shop with being noticed." Y/n looked directly at Draco as Ginny and Fred defended them. "Oh look you two got your selves a girlfriend and boyfriend eh Potters?" Y/n draw her wand walking in front of the boy and pointed it straight at his throat. "Watch your tongue Draco, as I said to you first year at Hogwarts if you mess with my friends you'll get the pranking of your life." She said while her e/c eyes narrowed at him til his father intervened. "Play nice, Draco. Ah miss Potter glad to meet you again with the Weasley clan I see." He said in a superior tone of voice as the man began insulting her friends families and bloodlines but before Arthur could punch him, Y/n walked up to Lucius as she put her wand in her stocking under her skirt then cleared her throat lightly. "Like father like son, your both spoiled rich brats who are truly the lowest form of wizards. Simply put your both pathetic." She said with a smile and punched Lucius straight on the nose breaking it thus making the two snakes slither away. "That was bloody brilliant, Lioness!" Fred and George Weasley hugged her close as did the rest of the family and friends before the three third years left to Quality Quidditch Supplies for measurements on their new uniforms and Y/n got the newest broom and gave her Nimbus two thousand to Ginny as Cedric and Lee caught up with the three. "And then pow, Y/n here punched that Malfoy straight on the nose breaking it easily. It was amazing!" Fred said as the five ate their ice cream as Lee laughed as did Cedric before Y/n spoke up. "No one messes with my friends and family boys you know that, Freddie, Georgie,  Lee Lee and Ceddy." Y/n said smiling happily as she unknowingly made Fred and Cedric blush bright red at her smile. "To another glorious year at Hogwarts, boys and more pranks by us Marauders eh." She said rising her head showing a mischievous smile on her face with a lioness glint in her eyes. The boys cheered with her as well laughing. "Third year at Hogwarts and a new adventure for us, this should be fun."  Y/n thought as she looked up at the window seeing the upcoming first years running around to buy their supplies with smiles.