Chapter Nine - I'm Having A Moment

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

My past doesn't define me.

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

"COME ON BABE, just for thirty mins," Josh says as he tugs on my arm.

I look at him over my shoulder and stab my pen into my notebook. I shake my head. "I can't, I need to finish this reading for class."

Josh groans then rolls his eyes. Dropping my arm, he walks back over to my bed and jumps on it. His body falling down which makes the bed squeak loudly. "You work all the fucking time Kayleigh, it's annoying."

I turn around to him again. "Are you serious?" I ask in disbelief. "We aren't spending all this money on college for nothing! I need to do well, I need to study."

"That's not what I mean," Josh replies as he plays with one of my fluffy pillows. His eyes then find mine and he looks bored. "We haven't had sex in forever Kayleigh."

I know that we haven't been having much sex lately but I've been drowned in work. And recently my self-esteem has hit the floor.

Probably because I have been constantly comparing myself to other girls and why I don't look like them.

"I'm sorry, once this essay is out the way then I'll be all yours." I smile at him.

He just stares back. Letting out a strained sigh, "God, that'll be forever then."

I choose to ignore him and quickly finish my work. Is he getting bored of me? Do I need to put out more? Why can't he understand that studying is important to me?

Dropping my pen and walking over to the bed. I lean down and catch Josh's lips with mine. He moves his head away and continues to text on his phone.

"Seriously?" I question as I sit back on my knees.

He doesn't give me one glance. I narrow my eyes at him. "Josh?"

His eyes finally meet mine. "Oh, so now you want my attention?"

My hands reach out to grip his face to pull him closer but he moves again. Sitting on the edge of the bed. He's still typing away on his phone. A smile playing on his lips.

What the hell was his problem?

I look over his shoulder and watch as he texts on iMessage... to a girl named Emma.

Furrowing my eyebrows as I notice the 'xx's and the stupid, cringeworthy emojis.

I have no idea who Emma is and why he is being that friendly to her. An unsettling feeling inside me raises in my stomach. It makes me feel sick.

"Who's that?" I ask quietly.

Josh whips his head around to me, his dark brown eyes look emotionless. He locks his phone so that I can no longer see the thread of messages. When he doesn't say anything it just angers me further.