Chapter Forty - Coffee and Care

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

Is there any hope for us?

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

I was a nervous wreck right now. Butterflies danced around my stomach as I pull into the car park outside the cutest little coffee shop.

Taking a few deep breaths before I open the car door and brush down my outfit. I was wearing a black denim boiler suit with my black high top converse. I attempted to keep it as casual as possible. This was only coffee not a five star dinner, but I still wanted to look good.

Taking my phone out of my bag, I swipe my thumb across the screen. It was bang on 3PM.

"Hey," I hear in front of me.

When I look up I'm greeted by that gorgeous smile and dimples that make my insides turn to mush.

"Hi," I breathe out.

"How are you?" He questions as he stops directly in front of me.

I nod. "I'm good, you?"

"I'm good," he smiles. Kayden's eyes begin to analyse my car behind me. "I didn't know you got a new car."

My head turns back to look at it like I'd forgotten what it looks like. "Uh yeah," I say as I tap the black door. "She's just a bit better than the last."

"How comes?" Kayden asks curiously.

I smile awkwardly and clear my throat. "Maybe we should talk about this inside." My head motions towards the door of the shop.

His eyes watch me carefully before he nods. We enter the small cafe which had the cutest white decor and a flower wall that hung roses in various different colours. We walk straight up to the counter.

"What do you want?" Kayden asks as he rests his hand down onto the marble top.

"It's okay I can get it," I reply.

"Kayleigh," he says, his voice was so smooth and soft. "I can get it."

His eyes hold mine for a few seconds. "Fine," I say. "But I'll get the cake later then."

Kayden grins at me. "Deal."

I tell him what I want and go and find a seat. He doesn't take long to come back with our drinks. "Your iced latte with almond milk," he says as he holds out the plastic tumbler to me.

"Thank you," I smile as I watch him sit down opposite me.

"So the car? She's a beauty." Kayden says.

I snort. "Wouldn't quite say that, she is eight years old."

He shrugs. "Still looks good,"

"I guess," I smile.

"So how come you got a new one?" He questions as he takes a sip from his mug. His eyes watch me intently and I awkwardly swallow.