Chapter Twenty Four - Kayleigh, I'm A Werewolf

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

Was I just the bit on the side?

KAYDEN HAVANA

"ARE YOU SURE it's nothing bad?" Kayleigh questions, worry is evident in her voice. It makes my skin crawl because I hated hearing her sound this concerned.

"It's nothing bad," I reassure her, keeping my eyes firmly on the road.

"Cause if you turn around and tell me that actually you've been sleeping with four other girls and seeing six others, then I'm gonna class that as bad." She says as she rests her head in her hands.

"Hey," I reach over and gently squeeze her knee. Her eyes turn to look at me and I smile at her. "I'm not seeing or sleeping with anyone else, okay?"

"Why do we need to go to your house?" She questions. "I hate this, now I'm just imagining everything bad."

"You'll find out why soon," I say to her but her face doesn't look convinced. "But just trust me."

She nods and sits back in the passenger seat. Her hands fumbling in her lap.

"You know," her voice says. "You could have brought me to your house then told me you had something to say. Do you know how anxious I am?" Her hands frail around her body.

Then I feel bad because that is exactly what I should have done. "I'm sorry," I say and send her a sympathetic smile but she doesn't react. Her eyes glass over as she looks back out the window.

We eventually pull up outside my house. I can sense Kayleigh is nervous because she's quiet now. She could normally talk the back legs off a donkey but right now, it was dead silent.

Closing the front door behind us. Kayleigh's hands wrap around her arms. "Can I grab a hoodie?" She questions. "It's freezing."

I nod and let her go upstairs.

Guys, need to talk. Now. I mindlink Jaxon and Ava.

We're in the living room. Ava replies.

My feet make their way towards the living room, pushing open the door with my hand. My eyes settle on Jaxon and Ava snuggled together watching a film with Aurora in Ava's arms.

"Hey guys," I smile.

"Hey man," Jaxon says.

"Hey Kayden," Ava whispers.

I dip my head down towards Aurora. "Hello, my little God daughter," her eyes were clamped shut and she was sound asleep.

But she was adorable. The cutest baby I had ever seen.

"What's up?" Jaxon asks as I straighten up.

"I've decided I'm telling Kayleigh," I say and I watch as their eyes both look at me confused. "About us."

"What do you mean 'us'?" Ava sits up and turns her full attention to me.

"Werewolves, the whole thing."

Ava's eyes go wide.

"I like her a lot and I can't keep lying to her. She deserves to know what we are, about mates and stuff. I just feel like I've kept this big secret from her that is practically my whole life and I can't keep doing it." I breathe out.