Chapter Forty Three - Soulmates

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

You are my one and only.

The final chapter guys, I'm officially sad - let's cry together

KAYDEN HAVANA

"ARE YOU SURE you know where you're going?" Kayleigh asks as she twists the paper map in her hands round in circles.

I glance over to her for a split second, her feet that are covered by white frilly socks are pressed against my dashboard.

"Yes, I know where I'm going." I tell her as we drive down a straight deserted road.

Her eyes flick to me and she sighs. She collapses the map back down before she throws it into the back seat carelessly. "Don't blame me when you take the wrong turning."

I breathe out through my nose in a stifled laugh. "Trust me, it's just this one long straight road north. After that a few turns here and there. But thanks for trying to help."

"Ooh I love this song!" She yells, leaning over to turn up the stereo.

I'm glad that she was still optimistic about this drive. We had already been on the road for over seven hours, I had warned her that the journey was a lethal one. I stayed over Kayleigh's family home last night and there was nothing better than having her in my arms. We woke up early to get on the road before traffic and Kayleigh insisted we got McDonalds breakfast which I was not complaining about.

I was half expecting her to sleep in the car but she didn't. She stayed awake to keep me company and I was glad because I hate driving long distances by myself.

"So tell me again who are these people and how do you know them?" Kayleigh questions as she draws her knees into her chest and turns to look at me in her seat.

"They're called the elders," I say.

"Elders," she repeats. "So are they old?"

"Yes, very old in fact." I glance at her quickly, her eyes look curious and I love that she wants to know more.

"How old we talking?" She asks. "Like a hundred?"

A laugh rumbles from my chest as I keep my eyes trained on the road in front of me. "They're well over a hundred."

"What?" She gawks at me, I can see that she moves forward in her seat. "How can that be possible?"

"Werewolves live longer than humans naturally but they're also descents from witches, probably had a few potion's here and there."

"Wait," she says. "Wait," and again. "Wait,"

"I'm waiting," I smile at her.

"Witches?" She pauses. "Potions?"

"Mmm hmm," I hum towards her.