Chapter Thirty Nine - I Am Broody

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

My ovaries have officially exploded.

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

The party for Aurora was small but it was cute. Close friends and family only. We sat in the living room watching Aurora open her presents with the help of Jaxon.

My eyes were focused on Aurora but I knew that Kayden was sitting directly opposite me. I didn't want to look because I couldn't bear it, those dark eyes that completely capture me every time.

Jaxon uses Aurora's hands to tear off the pink Disney wrapping paper that covered a rectangle box. Aurora giggles as her eyes set on the toy in front of her. "What is it?" Jaxon speaks towards her in his baby voice.

"El-sa!" Aurora claps her hands at the toy.

"Aren't you lucky," Jaxon squeezes her sides and she squirms in his lap.

"Thanks guys," Ava smiles towards Lucy and Sebastian.

The living room erupts into talk about Frozen and the price of kids toys. I just sat and watched as Aurora's eyes settled on Luca. Lucy and Sebastian's two year old son.

He was playing on the floor by Sebastian's feet with a penguin doll. Aurora wriggles out of Jaxon's hold and walks over to Luca, she tries to snatch the toy out of his hands.

"No!" He yells back and holds the toy close to his chest.

Then Aurora bursts into hysterical tears. "Oh Rory," Ava sighs as she reaches forward to cuddle her. "You have got so many new toys and you want Luca's penguin?"

"Yes," Aurora whines through her crocodile tears.

"You are so silly," Ava says as she pushes her brown hair away from her face. "It's your birthday and you're getting upset."

"I want toy," she mumbles into Ava's chest.

Ava's hand gently rubs up and down her back. Then she pulls her away and looks at her. "Hey, why don't you go see what Uncle Kayden has got you, hmm?"

Aurora's face then lights right up, Kayden stands from the sofa and she runs towards him. She grins as tears still stain her cheeks.

"Come here you," Kayden says as he reaches down to scoop her up into his arms effortlessly.

Aurora's laugh fills the room, her fingers lightly brush the stubble on his face. "You get pwesent?" She gives him puppy dog eyes.

Kayden hums like he's deep in thought. "Did I get you a present?" He repeats.

Aurora nods her head vigorously towards him. "Of course I got you a present," he strokes down the back of her hair.

"Yay!" She claps her hands.

"But first," he holds her above his head. Her dark hair surrounds her face. "You gotta give me a kiss on the cheek."