Chapter Eighteen - I Don't Do Fancy

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

I feel so incredibly out of place.

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

KAYDEN AND I exit the hospital, leaving Ava and Jaxon in peace. I'm sure they wanted as much alone time with the baby as possible. Especially as she has just been born.

"I should probably call an Uber," I say as I pull out my phone from my bag. "I've left my car at the shopping mall."

It's snatched from me in an instant and Kayden puts it in his pocket. His reflexes way too quick for my liking.

I open my mouth to protest but he shakes his head at me. "I'll drop you to the car park," he says.

"Bu—"

"Besides you've got to get ready for our date," he shrugs effortlessly.

I narrow my eyes at him.  "I never said I'd—"

He cuts me off again. "I won the bet," he says bluntly.

"You did not!" I yell towards him before cracking a smile.

"Aurora is an unusual name," he says as he takes his keys from his pocket and unlocks his car.

Shaking my head. "Aurora is an old name, full stop."

"Unusual,"

I groan and demand for my phone back. Kayden obliges as we reach his car. I quickly type Aurora into Wikipedia.

Scrolling down to find just what I was after. Smirking to myself, "An Aurora Königsmarck," my lip curves. "I don't know how to pronounce the surname—" Kayden laughs at me. "Was born in 1662!"

I stick my tongue out at Kayden in a chilling manner and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Fine we both win," he says as he opens the car door. "So guess it's dates all round." He shrugs.

Opening my mouth to talk again, Kayden interjects. "Get in the car Elliott."

And so I do. The journey back to the car park was fun filled. We both were in exceptional moods because we were officially Aurora's God parents. It's strange how much a baby can bring joy to other people's lives.

The radio was blaring tunes (unbelievable I know). We were doing our own version of Carpool Karaoke. I was Justin Bieber, Post Malone and Khalid all in one sitting.

My lungs hurt by the time we pulled into the car park. I couldn't help but smile. "Thanks for the lift," I say as I unbuckle my seatbelt.

Kayden nods as his hand rests on the wheel. "You're welcome," hw says. "Listen Kay, if you really don't want to go on the date we don't have to."

I look into his eyes. "I'll go on the date," I eventually say.

Then Kayden grins and it never fails to make my insides flutter. "Good because I already booked it." He says confidently. He was so damn sure of himself.