Chapter Thirteen - The Secret's Out

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

AN: This chapter contains suicide ideation. Nothing graphic, it's briefly mentioned.

Telling you this is so hard for me.

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

LAYING ON MY BED watching Gossip Girl, I bloody loved this series. I've lost count with how many times I have seen it.

I was snuggled up with my blanket in an oversized jumper and cosy socks, my hair thrown up into a messy bun. Little bits of hair sticking out left, right and centre.

There is a firm knock at my door which makes me jump. Then I roll my eyes. I begin to drag myself from my bed. "Oh my God Evie, I told you I'd help with the essay tomorrow," I shout through the door as I walk towards my door.

Just as I swing the door wide open. "Couldn't this wait till lat-" I stop talking because it wasn't Evie.

I stop dead in my tracks, my eyes completely in shock. My gaze settles on the dark brown eyes in front of me. Swallowing harshly. "Hi," I manage to let out.

He flashes me a smile that is dripping with sarcasm. "Yeah," his voice is deep and harsh. "Hi."

Kayden didn't look happy, not one bit.

I pull down at the hem of my oversized jumper to try and attempt to cover myself up a bit but it wasn't helping. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest and it feels like it's going to jump out of my throat. What a pleasant sight.

Kayden's brows are knitted tightly together. "So you blocked me, huh?"

I lose my voice, I can't bring myself to speak.

"I-I..." I stutter.

God, I am the worst at confrontation.

"I knew," Kayden points a finger at me and turns away from me in disbelief. "I just knew it was about the sex wasn't it?"

Closing my eyes tightly as I try and understand what he's talking about.

"Double standards is a big fucking thing Kayleigh, if it was me doing that to you. This shit would be plastered all over Twitter with the caption 'men are trash'." He spits towards me.

"I was never using you for sex Kayden!" I exclaim instantly. My eyes plead with him but I can tell he doesn't believe me.

His head retracts back like I'm lying, scoffing at my words. "Then why else would you just block my number directly after we sleep together, hmm?"

I close my eyes and sigh harshly. "See, I fucking knew it," Kayden steps back from the door.

"It wasn't like that, I promise," I say desperately as I look up to him with sympathetic eyes.

He shakes his head at me instantly. "So what was it like?" He crosses his arms over his chest.

I stay silent for a few moments, I couldn't tell him. I just couldn't.

He laughs to himself coldly when he realises that I'm not going to speak. "Just so typical isn't it," when he looks at me I can almost see betrayal in his eyes.

My heart winces at the sight. "You could have at least done it in a nice way, thanks Kayleigh," his eyes remain firmly on mine and pain slashes through my body.