Chapter Thirty Six - I'll Wait Forever

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

How did I mess up so badly?

KAYDEN HAVANA

I don't know how long I waited outside Kayleigh's dorm for. But I waited a long, long time. At first I thought she was ignoring me then I came to the conclusion she wasn't home. I called her phone again but it still was off.

Feeling sick to my stomach with worry. My back was pressed firmly to her door as I sink down to the floor and raise my knees. My head rests in my hands, tugging at my hair in anticipation.

What if something happened to her? What if she did something to herself?

My blood ran cold. This was my worst nightmare.

"Shit," I mumble to myself as I think over all the possibilities.

I hear distant talking from around the hall, my head instantly snapping in the direction of the sound. That's when I spotted Kayleigh's blonde hair and next to her was a small dark haired girl.

They hadn't noticed me yet but I instantly got to my feet as I watch Kayleigh approach her door. As they move closer I notice that Kayleigh's lip and eyebrow are split. My heart crumbles at the thought of her getting hurt.

Underneath her eyes were dark circles, her hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail. She was wearing a baggy t-shirt and a pair of leggings.

The dark haired girl is talking and Kayleigh's eyes are trained on the floor. Then her eyes slowly meet mine as she walks closer to her door. She didn't look good but I'm sure that I looked worse. I could tell that this has really effected her.

She stops dead in her tracks and the girl next to her asks what's wrong. Then she turns and sees me. If looks could kill I would be beyond dead right now.

I notice Kayleigh's chest begin to heave.

"Kayleigh," I say softly.

"You don't get to do this to her," the dark haired girl yells at me. "Please just do her a favour and go away."

"I just want to talk," I say quietly as I walk towards them.

"You had your chance, now leave her alone. She doesn't want to see you or talk to you!" She yells.

Kayleigh's eyes begin to fill with tears. I just couldn't take my eyes off her. "Please," I beg her.

"Please just leave!" Her voice echoes off the wall. "You made your bed now go lay i—"

"It's okay Evie," Kayleigh says as she places her hand on her arm to calm her down.

"You think I'm going to leave you alone with him?" She questions harshly.

"It's okay," Kayleigh repeats. Her voice is barely audible. Evie looks at her with concern. "I just want to hear what he has to say."