Chapter Twelve - Not Strong Enough

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

I am scared to have my trust broken again.

KAYDEN HAVANA

IT HAS BEEN a week since I last saw Kayleigh. Since I last even heard from her. I had text her, I had rung her. Both on more than one occasion. But there was never a reply.

My messages wouldn't deliver. The call would instantly go to voice mail.

I was mad. Mad because it felt like she had pretty much used me for a dick appointment.

It was pretty obvious that I was into her, unless she cannot read body language whatsoever. She even admitted that she enjoyed my company. I knew that we were good together. We had fun together, we laughed together. And now she won't even reply to my messages.

I was extremely confused. My head felt like a mess.

What had I done wrong?

I was currently in the kitchen forcing a protein shake down my neck. Desperate to have a good work out session, I needed to exert this anger somehow. Ava walks into the kitchen and I watch her out the corner of my eye. She looks at me instantly but her facial expression were not welcoming.

"You went to see Kayleigh didn't you?" She asks instantly as she stands by the sink.

I shrug. "Yeah, so?" I really didn't need to talk about the rejection I just received.

She let's out a strained sigh. "Kayden, I don't think you understand what you are doing to her. What about your mate?"

Shutting the lid to my bottle and slam it down onto the side.

"I am twenty four years old for God's sake Ava, am I just meant to wait around for my mate forever? Possibly die alone, waiting for her?!"

I clamp my eyes shut trying to calm myself down. When I open them again Ava is just staring at me.

"Seeing you and Jaxon and Lucy and Seb together, it kills me sometimes you know? Don't you think I wish I had met my mate already? I want to be with someone as much as the next person but because I haven't found her yet means I should be lonely and single forever?" I question harshly as I let my arms fly out when I exaggerate words.

"Kayden," Ava's voice is soft. Sympathetic.

"I know I have a mate somewhere Ava, but you guys are just beyond lucky to find each other. What is the likelihood of me finding her, huh?" I pause. "I have pretty much met all the girls in every pack over the district."

Running a clammy hand through my hair. "Where else am I going to meet her?"

Then I rest my hands down onto the island in front of me. "I'm running out of time Ava," I purse my lips. "Just because whoever I could be with isn't my mate, doesn't mean I'm not capable of loving."

"I'm not saying that Kayden. I'm just worried about Kayleigh, okay? I don't want her getting hurt." She says softly.

I scoff at her words. "It doesn't matter anyway because after I saw her she pretty much blocked me, didn't return one call or text."

Ava's face falls into a sympathetic look.

"So I think you're in the all clear with that," I mumble to myself.