Chapter 17 - Venomous

Scott and I are sitting in class waiting for the bell, when none other than Isaac himself comes into the room and sits down in front of me. He turns around in his seat, winking at me before moving his eyes over to look at Scott. He laughs to himself and turns back around in his seat until he's facing forward again.

I turn my head to the right and look at Scott, seeing him widen his eyes as he looks towards me and the new seat occupant I'm not sure what to do with this development

Stiles rushes in and sits down in the seat behind Scott "Guys, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news..."

Scott turns around to face him while I look back at him and nod my head to indicate the seat in front of me, grumbling on an almost whisper "I think we already know." most wanted teenager is no longer wanted

After class we grab our stuff and head out into the hall, me falling in step in between Scott and Stiles.

I adjust the strap of the bag on my shoulder while Stiles begins talking as soon as we get past the door "Alright, I only found one thing online called a Kanima. It's a werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers."

I squint my eyes in thought and look up at him "Should I be alarmed that I'm not even phased to learn that a vigilante werejaguar is a real thing?"

Stiles raises his brows in agreement as he chuckles and shakes his head.

Scott scrunches his brows and looks around quickly "That thing was not a jaguar."

"Yeah, and we're not exactly murderers" Stiles moves his hand between him and I while I cross my arms over the notebook I'm holding against my chest and nod giving Scott a look unless you know something I don't

Scott ignores that and looks off in front of us "Yeah, but both of you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you guys–" I nod while he continues to slowly make the inner freak out start "–and it's still trying to kill you both–"

Stiles and I simultaneously slow our steps with that information, coming to a stop altogether. Scott doesn't notice and continues both his train of thought and his steps without us right next to him "–and it probably won't stop until you're both dead." hold the door– dead?

My mouth opens slightly as I worriedly draw my brows in and turn my head to look at Stiles, whispering out quickly "That's not true– is it?"

He turns to look at me at the same time, his mouth also open in shock as he looks between me and my brother's no care in the world retreating back.

Stiles opens and closes his mouth twice at a loss for words before turning back forward and taking a step to follow after Scott, exclaiming "You know, sometimes I really begin to question this 'friendship'–" he adds with air quotes and I chuckle as I fall in step next to him again on our way to Econ.

We get settled in Coach's class, Scott and Stiles are sitting in front of me and Jackson comes waltzing into the room. He quickly makes his way over to our side of the room and sits down in the open seat next to me and behind Scott.

Pen in one hand, I open my book and notebook with the other before grabbing my water bottle. I bring the bottle to my lips and start to take a drink, swinging my eyes over to Jackson when he leans forward to address us just above a whisper "Hey Addy, testicle left and right– what the hell is a Kanima?"

My eyes widen and I choke on my water, setting the bottle back on my desk as he gives me a funny look and I cough through my body trying to save my lungs from drowning.