one

hi hi,

before we get started i would like to say somethings. 

first of all, this is my first sasusaku and Naruto fanfic, so if there are any errors i apologize in advance. 

secondly, there are times when my life gets really busy and updating this book is not my priority. please try to understand that. i also have other books to update and polish up, not to mention school, dance, piano, violin and debating commitments. 

thirdly, please don't start any ship wars in the comments. this is a sasusaku fanfic, if you came here to see sasunaru or narusaku, don't be disappointed. 

lastly, i do not own Naruto. if i did then i would have my own character and neji & itachi would still be alive :)

~.~.~.~.~.~

"Sakura!"

"Sakura Haruno!"

"How do you feel about this loss?!"

"Do you miss him?!"

"Why did Kiba Inuzuka break it off with you?!" 

It's none of your business, the pinkette scoffed to herself. The paparazzi continued to shout, questioning her about today's top gossip topic while blinding her with millions of white flashes. She kept quiet, staring out into the uncivilized crowd, her jade eyes hidden behind the white Dior sunglasses.

Seriously, these people were starting to get on her nerves. They annoyed the living hell out of her. Technically, they were just being paid to stalk celebrities. Being a paparazzi member is what you do when you're dumb enough to drop out of college and become poor without any jobs to support you. It's worthless, unnecessary and desperate. But then again, I'm not one to say that, am I?

"Tsunade, we're leaving now," Sakura addressed her boss. Her mentor gave a frustrated shout into her phone, probably annoyed at the fact that Sakura's location had been leaked. They had only stopped by at a local convenience store to pick up some sake for Tsunade when the whole store had been flooded by practically half of New York's population. 

"Agreed," the blonde huffed, flicking her hair as a crazed fan tried to touch it. Only three security guards were separating the two of them from the crowds. "A helicopter with Hinata will pick us up at any second."

As soon as the words had left her mouth, a whirring sound could be heard from up ahead, just audible above the screams. "That's our cue."

Somehow, miraculously, the duo had safely made it on board the private helicopter, only just. Sakura sighed internally as the helicopter whirred back into the endless blue, leaving behind the sea of fans. Now their screams were a faint sound, just audible over the helicopter blades. She didn't realize she was holding her breath until she let it out. 

"Sakura," Tsunade panted. "I need to talk to the pilot. Go to the back seats with Hinata."

"Right," Sakura nodded. She clambered into the spacious beige seat that smelt faintly of orchids, the seat right next to a certain blunette who was currently on the phone with a certain blonde. 

"I love you, but I can't," she sighed, but soon giggled afterwards. Clearly that person had said something to make her laugh. "I don't have a choice. I'm sorry." 

Just then, she noticed Sakura's presence. Sakura smiled, leaning onto her propped up left palm, raising an eyebrow. The Hyuuga became visibly flustered, her usually pale cheeks tinged with pink as she fiddled with her silver good luck necklace, the pendant a gift from her boyfriend with the initials 'N + H' engraved onto it in cursive. "I have to go now. Yes, yes, I know, and I love you too. See you soon."