ten

S.H 

Sakura fidgeted nervously with the edge of her beige long-sleeve shirt, feeling her nerves act up. 

It was a week after the whole incident with Naruto and Hinata, and things have thankfully calmed down. Well, as calm as it could ever be when you're a celebrity. Some rumors still floated around, despite all three of them constantly shutting them down and being on good terms. 

Now, Sakura was sitting on the bench outside the bridal shop 'Monique Lhuillier', waiting for Izumi. The wife-to-be had organized a day out with all the bridesmaids to purchases the dresses and gowns. Despite wanting to avoid Sasuke at all cost, Sakura wanted to be there for her friend on Izumi's special day. 

Besides, Sakura's feelings of Sasuke after the drama was...complicated. She still didn't like him, that was obvious to her. But she didn't hate him anymore, if that made sense. He was the first person to believe in her and Naruto. Even faster than Hinata. 

It made her wonder, has he changed from his high-school days? From the time of the very incident that had scarred Sakura for life? Sakura wasn't sure if she wanted to know if he's changed. Because there was always a fear for her, a fear that Sasuke would just be putting on a cover. Again.

Stop thinking about him, Sakura shook her head. Ever since they hugged, he's been on her mind a lot more than usual. It was getting annoying. Instead, she focused more on the nerves that scattered her mind. 

Sakura instantly regretted that. The nerves seemed a thousand more worse now. She knew that she had no reason to be nervous. Izumi was her friend, even if they weren't as close as they used to be. Naori was going to be there as well. Sakura knew that the other girls wouldn't be rude to her, right? Right. She didn't know why she was so nervous. 

Actually, that was a lie. You see, Izumi was going to be marrying Itachi, the first born son of the clan leader, Fugaku Uchiha. There was no doubt he would be controlling the whole wedding, right down to who was invited. 

From what Sasuke spoke of Fugaku to her, he cared only about the Uchiha's reputation and money. Of course, Sasuke could just be lying, but if there was one thing Sakura was sure about Sasuke, it was that he never lied. Telling the blunt truth to everyone was one of his highlights. 

The fact that Sakura, a person from a family of average wealth, was invited to the wedding was surprising. It didn't matter how rich and famous she was now. Once a peasant, always a peasant seemed like a motto Fugaku lived by. 

All the other bridesmaids attending this dressing would no doubt be from extremely posh, wealthy families with excellent reputations in all fields. It was silly, but...it intimidated her. 

"Sakura!"

She glanced up from her own thoughts to see five other women walking towards her, a brunette with bangs framing onyx eyes in the front of them, the person who greeted her. Izumi Uchiha.

"Izumi," Sakura smiled and stood up, hugging Izumi. "It's been so long."

"Sorry that the invite was probably unexpected," Izumi apologized, a habit that seemed to have lasted throughout high-school until now. "But thank you for becoming a bridesmaid."

"No worries," Sakura replied. "I'm glad."

Izumi snapped her fingers, her eyes widening. "Oh! I should probably introduce you to the rest of the bridesmaids, I nearly forgot about that, sorry! You already know Naori though, right?"

"Yeah," Sakura nodded, feeling relieved at the sight of another person she was familiar with. 

"I'm Shinko Inari," a woman who seemed to be a few years older than Izumi introduced. She had a thick accent, indicating she wasn't from New York. Her hair was braided into two, bangs framing her face.