twenty eight

S.H 

The Mangekyou Sharingan was the main reason why the Uchihas were so famous. Sakura had heard of it, long before she had even met Sasuke, and while she had seen many Sharingans while modelling, she had never seen one in person.

People say that the Mangekyou only activates out of pure fear or love. Looking at the situation at hand, Sakura was pretty sure is was both. And she wasn't sure whether to feel honoured or not about the Mangekyou activating for her.

"Sasuke!" gasped Sakura, sweat lining her forehead out of her previous fear of being killed right there and then. She approached Chloe's lifeless body carefully. "Oh my gosh, you didn't-"

"She's alive," Sasuke reassured her. "I didn't hit her that hard. But, Sakura- " he grabbed her hand and pulled her into a tight embrace with him, her pink hair muffling his voice. "-are you alright?"

"Shocked," she whispered into his chest, feeling her hands tremble. "But safe. And unharmed."

"Thank God," sighed Sasuke.

"Oi!" 

They both glanced up to see Naruto running towards them, shock and confusion written on his face. "What's going on here? Is that...is that a gun?"

"Naruto, I'll explain everything to you. We need to call the police too," Sasuke informed Naruto as Ino and Hinata ran up to them, panting. "But first, Sakura. You two, escort her back to the Eiffel Tower. Make sure Guren and Tsunade know about this, and then tell them to come over here immediately."

"Roger that!" Ino nodded firmly, wrapping Sakura in a hug and slowly started walking to the main area. "Come on, let's go back to the others and you can tell us everything that happened with some hot chocolate."

"I'll run ahead and tell everyone about the situation," Hinata decided, running off after the two nodded at her. 

"You okay?" Ino scanned Sakura's face. "You're not hurt, are you?"

"I'm not," Sakura shook her head. "But if Sasuke hadn't been there, things would've ended very badly."

She shivered, trying not to think about what the outcome would've been. Ino hugged her again. "Oh, you poor thing."

Once they arrived back at the first floor of the Eiffel Tower (where the set was getting packed away), a crowd of worried and angry faces greeted them. 

"Hinata explain a little of the situation," Guren offered for Sakura to sit down on a bench, wrapping the pinkette in a warm blanket and providing her some croissants, butter and hot chocolate. "Don't worry, Tsunade and I will take charge of the situation."

"Agreed," Tsunade said determinedly, her nostrils flaring. "That Chloe girl always gave me a bad vibe. To think she was armed with a gun this whole time is ridiculous."

"We'll tidy this situation up," Guren nodded, and the two of them headed off with a couple of the lighting workers and bodyguards accompanying them.

Tenten squeezed Sakura's hand. "You know, it's okay if you don't want to tell us what happened."

"No, I will," she was surprised at how strong her voice sounded. "You all deserve to know."

She explained what had happened from the moment Chloe asked for her help to when Hinata and Ino brought her back, taking occasional sips from the warm drink that provided her solace.

When she finished her explanation, there was a flurry of remarks.

"That bitch," Temari clenched her jaw.