twenty nine

S.U 

It's been two months since the trip to Paris. Two months since Sasuke and Sakura started dating.

From the moment Sasuke left the Eiffel Tower, he made sure to tell everyone that Sakura was his girl. He didn't like attention, but he wanted everyone to know that he and Sakura were dating. He wanted everyone to know that if they messed with Sakura, they would mess with Sasuke too.

Sasuke dating Sakura wasn't the only reason why the latter was making headlines. Ever since her no major make-up stunt, she had gained attention and recognition as a new feminism. Some of the attention was negative, but Sasuke knew that Sakura would only use that as motivation to get her voice heard.

Camille, Eloise and the rest of their group had been flown to New York last month and was schedule to stay in the city for two months to help Sakura out with campaigns.

It wasn't just Sakura who had gained recognition, Camille's whole group had as well. Camille had even been invited to speak about equality at the Paris Youth Festival. Sakura had spoken to the public on many occasions as well, staying alongside renowned feminists like Emma Watson and Malala Yousafzai. 

Sasuke thought it was awesome how Sakura spoke up for subjects she cared about, but a small part of him (this part disgusted Sasuke) wished that Sakura had never become a feminist. The whole thing had made her busier than ever, their dates becoming less and less frequent.

He knew it was selfish, but really, all he wanted to do was have her for himself. Shaking his head, he willed those thoughts to go away and never come back.

"Here's your coffee," Sasuke handed the warm drink he had prepared to the woman on the couch.

Sakura smiled and pulled Sasuke down to sit next to her, wrapping a blanket around him too as she kissed his cheek. "Thanks, Sasuke."

It was a cold evening, the type that made you want to do nothing more than cuddle up indoors with a cup of coffee and a book to read. The two were alone in Sasuke's bedroom at the Uchiha residence, opting for a more quiet area than their chaotic dorms.

Sasuke leaned his shoulder against Sakura, his eyes scanning the Word document Sakura was working on. "Your speech looks good."

"I sure hope so," she laughed before typing some more. "There will be lots of well known campaigners at the convention tomorrow, I can't have myself looking like a fool in front of them especially."

Tomorrow it was International Woman's Day, and a convention for it was being hosted right at Central Park. Camille's group had been invited, and Sakura had been asked to make a speech for all of the feminists gathered there.

"You won't, you're amazing," Sasuke held her hand.

Sakura smiled softly as she slipped her hand away. "I'm sorry, Sasuke. I need my hands to type."

"It's fine," he said. 

Sakura began typing away again, and the room fell silent for about ten minutes. Eventually she broke the silence, stretching her hands. "With our height difference, isn't it uncomfortable for you to lean on my shoulder?"

Sasuke shrugged. "It is, but I like it. Is it...disturbing you?"

"Kinda," she admitted. "It's distracting when your super hot boyfriend leans on you."

"Well, I just want to show my super hot girlfriend my affection," Sasuke looked up at her.

She laughed. "Who would've guessed you were this cheesy?"

"Absolutely no one," Sasuke chuckled before standing up. "Alright, I'll leave the room so you get some peace. You'll come up with an epic speech, I know it ."