three

S.H

"Sasuke-kun, pick between us now!"

"No, let him decide when he wants to date."

"Now!" 

"Sakura."

"Sasuke, I get it if you don't want to date any of us now, Karin's just being anno-"

"Sakura."

"Yeah?"

"I pick... Karin. Sakura...You're annoying."

Glistening tears slid down Sakura's face as she recalled that memory, tracing the outline of her nose before falling onto the bedsheet. Her chest shuddered and heaved with every tear passing by, and she started to hiccup slightly. She shivered and snuggled under the warm blanket even more, trying to block the sadness away. It didn't work.

Every time she thought about the incident, it would have the same affect for her, even though it was nine years ago. This time, however, the pain and grief were so much more brutal, like a sword stabbing her in the gut repeatedly. This was the first time she had seen him since he walked away from the pinkette, hand in hand with a certain Uzumaki just to rub it in. 

It sucked. It sucked that one teen could affect Sakura's life so much. It sucked that she felt so much pain after so long. It sucked that he ruined her life, and she let him.

I should feel mad, shouldn't I? Thought Sakura to herself, as tears silently continued to pour out from her eyes. It felt like an old wound was opening again, ten times more painful and fresh. But...I don't. I just feel...hurt. Extremely hurt. 

The door to the bedroom creaked open, and the sound of high heels clicking onto the floor echoed throughout the quiet space. The bed's weight shifted slightly, and a hand stroked pink hair in a motherly way. 

"Shhh," soothed Ino, continue to stroke Sakura's hair. "It's okay, Sakura. It's okay. Me, Hinata, Tenten, Temari; we're all here for you. We've got your back."

"T-Thanks, Ino," hiccupped Sakura quietly. She was eternally grateful for everyone's friendship. "It means a lot to me."

"He won't hurt you anymore, alright?" whispered the blonde. "If he does, Tenten and I will kick his ass to tomorrow." 

In spite of herself, Sakura giggled at Ino's statement, because she knew it was true. I really do have the best friends in the world. "I need to stop crying, don't I? I'm such a crybaby."

"Sakura," scolded Ino, her sweetness and stroking instantly gone. In an instant, they returned. "Stop viewing yourself like that. You are not a crybaby. And you do not need to be happy all the time. You just need to express yourself, including your ups and downs. I don't know why people think you have to be beautiful and happy all the time. I find crying like a great release from by body. So go ahead and cry. Let it all out. Come on, I know you need it."

That was all Sakura needed. She lost all her previous calmness, and started hysterically bawling. She sat up, tears streaming even more down her face and instantly hugged Ino. The ex-girlfriend of Shikamaru was shocked for a second, before smiling and hugging her best friend back. "Let it all out, forehead."

Sakura felt so grateful for Ino at this point. Here the Haruno was, a sniveling mess, and Ino was still sticking by her side and comforting her, as she had always done since high school. Sakura must've saved the world in her past life to have Ino as her best friend. At this kind gesture, Sakura cried even more.

"I-I just feel so s-stupid," sobbed Sakura, her tears staining Ino's shirt. "It's been n-nine fucking years and I still c-can't get over it! It just...it just h-hurts so much..."