epilogue

three years later
song - young and beautiful by lana del rey

S.H 

I've seen the world, done it all

Sakura Haruno watched as her bridesmaids lined up, each one looking gorgeous in a knee-length chiffon dress and each one having a varying shade of scarlet to light pink. Izumi, Tenten, Temari, Hinata, and of course, Ino. 

She smiled, thinking how grateful she was that she had those friends beside her during all the drama of her life, big and small. 

Had my cake now

Hinata walked out first, her dress pure scarlet to match the small bouquet of flowers she was holding. Her hair had been let down and curled at the ends, and she wore a gentle smile that went well with her marriage ring that matched Naruto's.

Diamonds, brilliant, in Bel-Air now

It was Izumi's turn. Her dress and bouquet was the shade of vermillion, a colour that Sakura thought had matched Izumi extremely well.  Her hair had been styled in an elegant French twist and she sported a big grin. Her marriage ring had been on her finger for about three years now.

Hot summer nights, mid July

Tenten then walked out, her fuchsia dress swaying as she did so. Like always, her hair was done up in twin panda buns and her face was as happy as ever.

When you and I were forever wild

Next, it was Temari, whose colour was a light taffy pink. Like Tenten, her hair was done up as usual. 

The crazy days, city lights

Finally, it was Ino's turn. She shot a big grin towards Sakura before walking out, her dress and bouquet the shade of a pale baby pink. Her hair had been let down and a diamond barrette adorned her blonde hair. 

The way you'd play with me like a child

Just before it was Sakura's turn to walk out, she turned to the nearby mirror to check that her outfit was in place. She didn't need to check her make-up; she wore none, for she felt pretty without needing it. She clutched her bouquet of sakuras to help ease her nerves. 

Her white, A-Line dress had a sweetheart neckline and was strapless. It was rather simple, but the long, billowing train made up for it. 

However, the dress wasn't the main piece of her attire. Her diamond tiara was. It sat on top of her head, shining brightly. Sakura touched it gently, grateful that Mikoto had gifted it to her as a present for her engagement to Sasuke. 

The engagement ring itself was a gorgeous diamond that occupied her finger, as Sasuke had promised since high school. (They were also getting married on Valentine's Day, like he promised too).

Her other friends all had both engagement ring and wedding ring. She took a deep breath. Soon, she would have a wedding ring.

It felt crazy to think that four years ago, she and Sasuke weren't on speaking terms at all. By coincidence, they had met again, various opportunities to get together again. Was it coincidence, or fate?

Sakura didn't know, but either way, she was happy. Sasuke had supported her so much during the past three years, even more so when the crash happened. His model career had paused because of the crash, but Sasuke was grateful for that pause so he could explore several hobbies and places before the model shoots resumed again. 

Sakura's model career had become a part-job now, she was focusing equally on campaigning not only for feminism, but for equality for everyone. She was still working with Camille and Eloise, after the latter had apologized for talking to Sasuke like that. 

Kiba and the Uchiha elders had also apologized for what they had said and done. Some of the Uchiha elders had faced jail time for drugging Sasuke, and when they were released, Fugaku had kicked them out of the Uchiha clan. 

Fugaku was much nicer to Sakura now, and she had Mikoto to thank. Sasuke's parents had also met up with Sakura's parents and, surprisingly, the two couples had ended up being close friends. 

Sakura's parents had moved to New York after the crash, feeling guilty that they didn't know about the problems Sakura was dealing with, but nonetheless proud of her solving her own problems. 

And after the crash, like Fugaku had forewarned, Sasuke and Sakura did have more problems. They had to deal with crazy fans, busy schedules, not seeing each other for a month sometimes, but they had managed to overcome it all.

Sakura turned away from the mirror to glance at Sasuke. The only remnants of the crash was his missing right arm and a faint scar across his eye. Sasuke, despite being known for being cool and calm, seemed rather nervous right now. Sakura tried to supress a giggle, turning it into a small smile.

She knew. He was the one she wanted to spend her life with.

Will you still love me

Now, it was her turn to walk the aisle. Taking another deep breath, she walked out to the church, the same one in which Sasuke had defended her from both Kiba and Fugaku. All eyes were on her. For two celebrities, this was a rather small wedding, but Sakura liked it that way.

When I'm no longer young and beautiful?

The feminist group from France was seated towards the back. Sakura had invited them, including Eloise (to Sasuke's disappointment). With the exception of Camille and a few others, most of the group thought that Sakura was an independent woman and didn't need marriage.

Sakura thought it was rather sad that they thought that to be independent, you could never feel how it felt like to be loved.

Will you still love me

The middle was occupied by large, well-known families like the Hyuugas, the Naras and the Uzumakis. The Uzumakis included Karin, who Sasuke had also decided to forgive for being such a psycho in high school. 

When I've got nothing but my aching soul?

Speaking of psychos, Chloe was in a mental hospital, trying to get to a stable mental state. She had apologized to Sakura, but Sasuke didn't want his lover to come near to Chloe, so Sakura received the apology through a handwritten letter. 

Corrine and Dylan had been invited to the wedding (they kept in touch after all those years), but politely refused as they wanted to devote majority of their time to help Chloe reach a stable mental state.

I know you will

Sakura was passing the Uchiha clan now, lead by Fugaku still. He and Mikoto sat at the front row with a few trustworthy Uchiha elders, Shisui, as well as Obito, Rin and Kakashi. Rin was regarded as an Uchiha now, and Kakashi was there because, well, those three seemed to be inseparable.

I know you will

Itachi was of course one of the groomsmen, along with Neji, Shikamaru and Sai. Naruto was best man, grinning brightly like the maid of honour, Ino. Sakura smiled softly at them, knowing how much she treasured them.

I know that you will

And finally, she was standing opposite to Sasuke, emerald meeting onyx once again. Sasuke smiled tenderly at her, and in that moment, Sakura thought her heart would burst from the amount of love she had for him. 

He leaned forward and whispered, "I have our honeymoon to Paris planned. Including those doves."

"Extra much," Sakura laughed quietly. 

He only smirked, the arrogant smirk that used to irritate her but now she had fallen in love with it.

Will you still love me when I'm no longer beauitful?

And so, even though it wasn't part of the lyrics and the music had cut, Sakura whispered. "I know you will."

--------------------------

word count: 1300