thirty

S.H

The princess and the bad guy are never meant to be.

In shock, Sakura lowered her head after hearing Sasuke's harsh words, tears slowly making their way down her face.

We aren't mean to be.

She wasn't just sad, she was angry. Angry at who, she didn't know. Herself. Sasuke. Both of them. And what made that anger worse was the fact that paparazzi didn't care about her vulnerable state, taking advantage of that to capture some photos for magazines.

Sakura felt a hand on her shoulder, and Ino's voice yelled out, "All you paparazzi, get lost! Seriously, a woman is crying and you're just invading her privacy. Get your lift straightened out before you even consider coming within a kilometre radius with me."

All the paparazzi cleared out of the park quickly.

"Damn Ino, that was harsh," Tenten commented, offering Sakura some tissues, which the latter took and dabbled at her eyes. "Not wrong, though."

"We're all here for you, Sakura," Hinata's concerned face appeared as soon as Sakura looked up.

Temari, standing behind Hinata, nodded firmly. "What she said."

You've been ditching everyone for those French people.

There was a moment of silence as Sakura thought about Sasuke's words. She opened her mouth to ask if those four felt like that, but a shout interrupted her.

"Sakura!"

It was Camille and the others, rushing over to surround Sakura. Camille bit her lip, "Sasuke said some pretty rude things about you."

"I knew he was bad guy," Eloise shook her head, tutting in disapproval. "He never deserved you Sakura, a queen, an absolutely princess. You two were never meant to be."

Sakura felt sick to her stomach.

"Hey," Temari frowned. "You can't just say that, Eloise. Sakura's obviously sad about him."

"Get over it, then," Eloise shrugged. "He's a guy. Of course he's bad news."

Suddenly, Naruto and the other guys were there too. Naruto exclaimed angrily, "You can't just stereotype men like that. Sure, some men are bad news, but not all men, ya' know."

"Are you sure about that?" Eloise scoffed. "Didn't you just cheat on Hinata with Sakura that one time. You men make me sick."

"You can't just say that when you barely know Naruto and the others!" Hinata jumped in.

Maybe Sasuke was right about Eloise, thought Sakura. "Stop."

The argument stopped before more people could pipe in. It was quiet as all eyes went to Sakura.

"Eloise, that is an unreasonable statement," Sakura said. "And all of you, stop fighting."

Ino asked, "Would you like some alone time?"

Sakura smiled and nodded. "Yes please."

"Just remember," Ino hugged her. "We're with you."

The two groups left, leaving Sakura alone in the clearing.

More tears fell as the argument with Sasuke swirled in her head. Sakura had already apologized about not spending as much time with him. She had already provided her reason why she was spending more time with Eloise and Camille. It was up to him whether or not he accept those reasons or resent them.