sixteen

S.H 

The soft romantic music started blaring out of the speakers, signaling it was time for the bridesmaids and Izumi to make their entrance. Shinko smoothed her hair into place one last time before putting on a bright smile, beginning to make her way to the altar. 

One by one, each of the bridesmaids left to go to the altar. Only Konan was in front of Sakura now. The latter's stomach felt as if a thousand butterflies were dancing around. And it seemed like she wasn't the only person. 

Ever since the wedding had started, both of the twins for flower girl and ring boy had been extremely nervous, all of the boy's bravery melted away by the crowds. They were huddled together closely, gripping each others hands tightly. In spite of how quickly she needed to go, Sakura turned around and whispered to them, "Relax. Take a deep breath. Just have fun."

"B-But what if I make a mistake?" the boy said anxiously, and the girl nodded her head rapidly in agreement. The boy was decked out in a smart white tuxedo, and the girl was wearing a satin, floor-length dress with flower embroidery on the skirt. 

Izumi smiled comfortingly. "It's alright. Everyone makes mistakes."

The girl casted her eyes downwards. "Mr. Uchiha hates mistakes though. He's gonna scream at me, a-and I'll cry."

"Fugaku thinks he owns this wedding, but that's not true," Izumi's father said in a grave tone. "Don't worry, kid. If he scolds you, I'll scold him for putting so much pressure on a child and then making a child feel bad." He looked directly at Sakura and nodded. "That goes for you too."

"Thank you," she said gratefully. She turned around, nearly letting out a loud frustrated sigh when she realized she was about to go on. Sakura didn't have time to think, and just began walking. 

She didn't even realize that Konan had left. In her head, she let out a sigh of relief that she had turned around sooner rather than later. Fugaku would've kicked her out of the church for sure. 

The rush of the walk began to fade, and the nerves began to kick in again. Her hands began to feel slightly sweaty, and she had to grip onto the bouquet of white and pale pink flowers tight, otherwise it felt like she would drop them. 

A lot more people were here than Sakura expected. In the hundreds, perhaps? Wow. If she ever had a wedding, she only expected seventy people to come to hers at most. All those eyes staring at her...it psyched her out, and Sakura was just a bridesmaid. Imagine what Izumi and Itachi must be feeling!

She shook her head mentally and tried not to let her nerves show. Instead, she put on her brightest, most charming smile and continued to walk down the aisle, Ino's advice echoing in her head. 

Chin up. 

Shoulders back. 

Eyes up. 

Smile, widely!

Her smile was the widest when she finished walking down the aisle, arriving at the altar with no problems. Glancing out to the audience, she saw Hinata and Ino sitting with their families; they were giving her a thumbs up and grinning encouragingly.

Even as her view crossed the Uchiha elders, their glares couldn't put a damper on her mood. Fugaku seemed to focused on watching the wedding to be concerned about Sakura. Somehow, his scowl had lessened at he at least seemed to be enjoying the wedding. 

Sakura turned her attention to the aisle. Flowers matching the ones in her bouquet were scattered around on the floor and were stringed on a line on the walls. At the end of each pew a white bow hung, white silk connecting all of them.