five

a/n By The Way Bakery is a real place, however I have altered the appearance of the building in this book. 

S.H

"We're here."

The taxi stopped in front of a café, tires screeching. The café was just on the outskirts of the city, a large park right next to it. By The Way Bakery was a cute, old-fashioned themed building with beige curtains and dark wood doors. The bricks had been painted with a cream colour, which shone in the sun. 

Ino let out a girly squeal and hopped off the taxi, already bouncing at the thought of going on a date. Sighing, Sakura handed the driver a wad of notes and clambered out of the car. 

"Eh?" the blonde suddenly frowned as she realized Sakura was joining her. "Why're you here?"

"Do you have a problem?" challenged Sakura, not wanting to give away to full reason as to why she was here. Which was to spy on Ino and her date, of course. But Ino shouldn't know that. 

Ino's frowned deepened. "No. But what are you going to do? You can't sit with us."

"I'm not, dummy," Sakura rolled her eyes. "There's a shopping center nearby. I want to look at buy some scarves."

"If you wanted to buy scarves, Hina would've come," baby blue eyes focused on the taxi that was speeding off in the distance with their friend on board. "Wait."

Ino glared at her accusingly. "Are you going to spy on me?"

Shoot. Sakura paused for a moment, her mind whirring as she thought for excuses. "Uh, you better go! You're date is starting soon!"

The pinkette began pushing her best friend into the bakery, despite Ino's resistance. "Sak-"

It was too late. Ino was already pushed into the bakery, leaving Sakura panting with exhaustion outside. Who knew Ino could be so heavy when she wanted to? 

Exhaling loudly, Sakura began to walk towards a bench in the park which faced the side window of the bakery. Whether this Sai person was in the café or not, the date was starting soon. She quickened her pace as Shikamaru's words echoed in her head. Go to the wooden bench opposite the large window to the bakery. I'll be there.

Sakura smirked when she caught sight of brown hair sticking up behind a magazine. She ran up to Shikamaru, her hands on her hips when she stopped. "You're terrible at hiding, Shikamaru."

The magazine rustled, and was brought down to reveal a grinning brunette and...a stone-faced ravenette. Shock pulsed throughout Sakura's body as she realized who it was. Her heart sped up quickly, and she clenched her fists in frustration. 

Wait. What? 

Sakura blinked, waiting for the illusion of him to go away. But it didn't. He only smirked at her like he had just won the lottery. 

Sasuke Uchiha can't be here. No way. No. This must be a dream.

Isn't it?

-----------------------

S.U

"You're terrible at hiding, Shikamaru."

Sasuke's close friend brought down the magazine, revealing him to her. Sasuke watched as her emerald eyes widened in shock, how her body stopped moving straight after she realized who it was. 

He took this as an opportunity to truly see how much she changed in the nine years that had passed. He saw her a few days ago, but she had somehow managed to run away before he could properly look at her.