six

S.H 

"Sakura, hey!"

"Welcome back, Sakura!"

"How was Ino's date?"

Feeling completely numb after seeing Sasuke again, Sakura took a seat at the dinner table with her three friends, Ino still being on her date. She gripped the sides of the warm soup bowl, chicken-scented steam fogging up her vision. 

"Sakura?" Hinata squeezed her shoulders gently. The pinkette blinked, looking at her close friend. "You alright?"

"Oh, yeah," Sakura quickly nodded her head before gulping down her chicken noodle soup. "Just thinking about stuff. Modelling stuff."

 "So nothing happened on the date, then?" frowned Temari, unconvinced. "Not feeling lonely or anything?"

Sakura was glad that they didn't suspect her meeting with Sasuke, and rather the loneliness that came after a break up. Especially when all her close friends had boyfriends, one friend is getting married and another just went on a date. Even if Ino's date was that jerk Sai. Shaking her head and attempting to forget about Sasuke, Sakura responded, "Nah. After Kiba and everything, I think I'll enjoy being single. Anyways, c'mon guys! I didn't spy on Ino for nothing! At least pretend to want to know what's happening!"

"Right!" Tenten snapped her fingers, leaning forward. "So, Sakura? Anything exciting happen? Please tell me they kept it rated G."

"I hope they did," Sakura frowned. "I left early than them to go shopping, so I might have missed some details."

Hinata waved her arms frantically. "Tell us from the beginning, then! Every single detail! Wait no, describe the guy!"

"Well, his name is Sai," Sakura quickly spoke under her friends' interrogating stares that could've rivalled a well known model police-man, Ibiki Morino. "He's a new recruit for Tsunade, working under the Konoha division with us. He's sharing a dorm with Shikamaru, so that's how I found out about him."

"Personality?" interrupted Temari. 

Sakura paused for a second, thinking how exactly to word this. "Well, he's very...blunt. Brutally honest. If he doesn't like you, he'll make it the obvious, but if it's the opposite, then he'll shower you in love. For example, I actually met Sai prior to the date, but I didn't know who he was. Acting like a completely freaking jerk, calling me ugly and stuff. Jokingly, of course. I think. I don't know, he doesn't really have an expression."

"And how does Sai act around Ino?" Tenten asked, dangerously twirling a pair of chopsticks in her hands and completely ignoring the name Sai called Sakura.

Taking another spoonful of chicken and noodles, Sakura quickly replied, "He likes her. Absolutely. Well, I'm not sure if it's like like yet, but it's definitely better than the treatment I got. Ino looks really happy with him, so I'm guessing Sai's trying to look good for her. I'm pretty sure he even called her 'gorgeous' once. Even though I don't really like Sai, I have to admit that that is so cute. Are they not a great couple?"

"I know right!" Hinata squealed, clasping her hands together. "I ship! Ooh, we need a ship name!"

"Hm," Temari frowned in concentration. "Oh! I got it! Saino!"

"Aww, I ship it so much," gushed Tenten. The next few minutes were filled with intense shipping over the new couple. 

"What are you guys talking about?"

Everyone froze, the chattering skidding to halt as Ino herself entered the room. Nervously laughing, Sakura faced the blonde whose blonde brows were knitted in suspicion. "N-Nothing, Ino. Just, uh, um, y-your date?"