eleven

S.H 

Sakura Haruno stared in shock at the person in front of her, eyes wider than usual. There was no way she was really here, in her life after she played a part in ruining it. Yet Karin Uzumaki was in front of her, definitely in her life again. 

"S-Sakura," the Uzumaki flushed from embarrassment at knocking her over. She extended her hand. "H-Here."

Sakura grabbed onto Karin's hand, standing upright again. "K-Karin. Hi?"

It came out more as a question, Sakura unsure whether to greet the person she had hated so much previously. She had hated Karin even after years of the incident, but at one point decided it was pointless to keep on holding the grudge towards her.

But now that Karin was actually here again, right now, Sakura didn't know what to do. She still didn't like Karin. Yes, her feelings of hate had faded, but she didn't expect the both of them to become the best of friends with each other. 

The two then stood in silence, their eyes raking over the other, taking in how much they've changed after nine years. Karin's scarlet hair was still styled the same way; short and spiky on the right side, while longer and straight on the left side. The signature colour of the Uzumaki's was also reflected in her eyes, which was framed by black glasses. 

She wore a lavender blouse tucked into a simple, black pencil skirt, a sense of professionalism for her work place. Karin's eyes were widened, no doubt shocked at the sight of seeing Sakura gain as well. "H-Hey."

More silence. It was odd seeing Karin so shocked and flustered. After a while, deciding that there was no point anymore in continuing this conversation, Sakura began to walk away. A hand quickly shot up around her wrist, tightening their grip so Sakura wouldn't let go. "W-Wait! Don't go!"

She turned back around, raising her eyebrows as the slightly-embarrassed redhead spoke up, some of her old boldness coming through.

"We need to talk."

S.U

"We need to talk."

Sasuke Uchiha glanced up from his desk to see his older brother enter his room and sit at the edge of the base of his bed. With the wedding coming up, his father wanted all hands on deck to make it extra special. So Sasuke had been forced out of his Senju apartment and into his old room at the main Uchiha house. 

So far, he had just been staying in his room, ignoring all of the maids Fugaku sent to collect him for numerous meetings. After the last meeting, the two hadn't been on good terms. But then again, when were they ever?

"What do you want?" Sasuke faced Itachi, annoyed that the elder had entered his room without any kind of warning. 

"We're not here to talk about me," replied Itachi in his monotone voice. "But rather you."

Sasuke raised an eyebrow, gesturing for him to continue. 

"You're twenty-five, turning twenty-six soon, yes?" Itachi asked. Before Sasuke could reply, he continued. "Father expects you to get married in about two years."

"I know. Why are you telling me this?"

"I'm telling you to choose somebody," advised Itachi. "It doesn't have to be someone you love, just somebody you find attractive or compatible with you. If you don't choose somebody suitable, Father will find somebody for you."

"Again?" Sasuke groaned. "Last time he did that, it ended in disaster."

"Exactly, so you need to choose somebody quickly."