seventeen

wow i can't believe we reached two k! thanks a lot guys!

S.H 

Clutching a glass of champagne, Sakura Haruno sat down on a bench in the inside of the quiet church. She downed the alcoholic beverage in one shot, taking peace in the temporary euphoria it gave her. 

She let out an exhausted sigh, letting her body recover from the endless amounts of dancing. Despite the son and the father being missing from Itachi's wedding, it continued on as planned. For better or worse for Sakura's body, she wasn't sure. Choji was quite, er, enthusiastic when it came to dancing. 

"Shut up!"

A scream echoed throughout the whole church, clear over the muffled sound of music. Sakura wasn't an eavesdropper, but after noticing that it was Sasuke's voice, she couldn't help herself. 

It seemed to be coming from the main area. Taking a peek, Sakura caught a glimpse of Fugaku and Sasuke engage in a heated conversation. They were both standing up with clenched fists and set jaws, fury burning in each other's eyes so powerfully it caught Sakura off guard. 

"...you will not pull a trick like last time," Sakura caught snippets of Sasuke talking angrily. "You won't dare to involve yourself with my life, and don't involve another person like Karin was involved!"

Sakura's eyes widened when she realized that they must be talking about the plan that Karin told her about in the café. Did Sasuke know about it too?"

"Last time was a failure," Fugaku spoke calmly, a clear contrast to his son. "This time, I assure you, I will find someone better than Karin for you to be arranged with.

Arrange with? Sakura furrowed her brows. Was the Karin and Sasuke thing nothing more than an arranged relationship orchestrated entirely by their families? But, then that would mean all the hate she felt isn't supposed to be towards Sasuke, nor all of her sadness and disappointment...

"I will make you forget about Sakura."

Her heart rate quickened and she silently gasped when she heard her name. Is this about me? Realization hit her.Then that means that the whole point of Fugaku's plans is to make Sasuke forget about me...I've been angry at the wrong person this whole time!

No wonder it seemed like Fugaku had a grudge against Sakura, Sasuke really did like her after all. But I guess I wasn't good enough. I don't come from a rich family, I'm a drop out and I have plastic surgery.

She bit her lip, fighting back tears that threatened to spill any moment. She hated herself more than ever at this point. She hated her background, her choices, everything. Sakura didn't expect Sasuke to stand up this much for her, not when so much was at stake. Blood is thicker than water, after all. 

"I won't agree to your plan."

W-What? 

"I know what I want, and you can't stop me with your trickery."

Sasuke's...still standing up for me?

Fugaku glared towards his son, making up another argument that made Sakura so sure that Sasuke would obey his father, just like he did all those years ago.

Sasuke sneered, "You almost made me believe that if I pursued what I want, the whole clan would collapse in doom. But, you know, if this is all our clan is, then let it be collapsed."

He's going this far?

"Sasuke, you're entering a dangerous place with me," warned Fugaku, now struggling to contain his  anger. "Are you willing to fight still, knowing that so much could be lost?"