thirteen

S.U 

All eyes were on Sasuke Uchiha.

He let out an annoyed grunt before turning to look out of the car window, yet he could still feel all the eyes in him. It was irritating, but expected of all the passengers in the car. Itachi, Izumi and Mikoto, because they were concerned for him, Fugaku, in an evaluating way and the maid, because she thought she had the right to care about Sasuke. 

He nearly scoffed at that. He didn't even know her name. And he hated how everyone was acting so concerned about him. It's not like he would break down and start crying as soon as he saw her. He's not a baby. 

How would he react to her, he wondered before answering the question immediately. Cold and distant. Like a jerk. Sasuke reminded himself, for what seemed like the millionth time that day, that it was the best for both of them to be apart. Yet he couldn't deny that there was one small part of him that wanted to throw away all his responsibilities and be with Sakura. 

That was a dream that could never happen. 

"Who's excited for the wedding?" Izumi asked in an attempt to break the ice. She looked around at the rest of the passengers, "Anyone?"

"You know I am," Itachi squeezed her hand gently, tinting pink on her cheeks.

"Of course I am," smiled Mikoto warmly. "My first son is growing up. And he found a perfect woman."

"I agree, Mikoto," Fugaku said from the wheel. "Seeing Itachi start his own family will certainly bring joy to the Uchiha family, as well as more money and stabilization in the modeling industry. Izumi is well suited for the task of being a good wife, she's smart, determined, has a good job and excellent education."

Sasuke wasn't sure whether the education part was meant as a direct jibe to him, but he ignored it altogether. 

"Izumi reminds me of someone who's been in the news recently," Fugaku continued. He glanced at Sasuke through the rear-view mirror. "You know her."

For a moment, a single second of happiness, Sasuke thought that his father was talking about Sakura. 

"Who?" Mikoto asked. 

But then Fugaku continued, and Sasuke knew that he was foolish to believe that for even one second.

"Hinata Hyuga," Fugaku said. "She's attractive, smart, comes from a successful family and is quiet. People who don't know when to shut their mouth get on my nerves. And anyways Sasuke, she's single and you know her. Why not pursuit?"

Sasuke clenched his fist at the thought of being together with the love of his best friend's life, "Because she isn't single. Perhaps you didn't see the whole news, Father, because she is very happily together with Naruto Uzumaki. My best friend."

Without a hitch, Fugaku replied, "I would tell you to ignore all those dating rules and just lure her towards you. Nobody can resist the Sharingan, it has been described as the epitome as sexiness. And best friends can easily be replaced. But, unfortunately, Naruto is an Uzumaki and if Minato, Kushina and Jiraiya get involved as well as the whole Uzumaki and Namikaze clans, the Uchiha might fall. Anyways, Sasuke, scout out for women similar to Hinata."

Fury boiled is Sasuke's blood, making his eye twitch with annoyance. His dad didn't tell him to pursue a taken women, but for all the wrong reasons. Wealth and reputation instead of loyalty and righteousness. 

Disgust stirred in Sasuke until he couldn't even bear to look at his father. He couldn't help but get angry at the rest of his family, sitting there as if nothing as wrong with Fugaku. He wanted to yell and cuss at his father, but he didn't.