Chapter Sixty

"I'm capable of showering by myself, you know," I said, stretching out on the bed.

"Yeah, but where's the fun in that?" Jay asked, grinning.

Jay shuffled closer, kissing my chest softly repeatedly. He rested his hand on my chest lightly, stroking his thumb over my skin absentmindedly. I hummed happily and carded my fingers through his messy hair.

"True... Have you ever seen an expert about your sex addiction?" I said with a grin.

He chuckled, turning his head to rest his cheek on me, looking up at me. "I don't have a sex addiction, I have a Kaidan addiction. I have to say, it's much healthier."

Laughing, I rolled my eyes. "Careful, Jaimie, you'll ruin me for anyone else."

He grinned widely, though he looked thoughtful. After a few moments, he patted my chest and shuffled off me.

"Go get your shower then, babe," he said, kissing me briefly. "I'll be waiting here for you."

"Thanks." I got up, stretching again. I went over to the stack of towels that Ollie had brought in while we were still sleeping.

"I'll shower at home. I prefer my shower to anyone else's. I need to call Rob so take your time," he said, reaching over to the bedside table for his phone.

"Something you don't want me to hear?" I teased, heading out of the room and back down the hall to the bathroom I'd had to visit this morning.

If Jay replied, I didn't hear. I just went into the bathroom and locked it, stripping off my boxers. I put my boxers down with my towel and went over to the bathroom. I hadn't heard anything from Ollie or Finn so I took that as a good sign that Finn hadn't killed him. I mean, he only sacked the PA to make Finn's life better and wasn't that basically the whole purpose of his existence? Their relationship confused me.

***

~Jay's P.O.V. (Woooo!)~

Looking at the screen of my phone quietly, I bit my lip. As I saw it, I only had a few options. Either I could see Kaidan less and just keep this professional, pass him on to Rob now even though he's not ready, or... I didn't even want to think about the 'or' right now...

Kaidan knew more about me than most people. I'd known Finn for a year and a half before I even mentioned my dad, but with Kaidan... It all came tumbling out and I didn't regret telling him. Telling Corey was a mistake, a drunken mistake. As far as everyone else knew, he was leaving us all alone and not talking to us. But he'd been talking to me. Texting me, calling me, showing up at the shoots I was scheduled for. And he wouldn't go away.

I sighed, setting my phone down and pulling the pillow Kaidan had used into my arms. Burying my face in it, I took a deep breath. It smelt just like him. Kaidan had the most perfect scent in the whole world, and I couldn't even describe it. It was just... home. And not the sort of home I was used to. He made me feel all sorts of things that I didn't understand and, if I was honest with myself, didn't want to understand.

I cared about him in a way beyond what Finn and I had, and Finn had been my best friend since I was a teenager. I'd once said that if I was going to marry anyone, it'd probably end up being Finn, just because there was no stress with him. I mean, we'd experimented when we were younger and even gone out for a month or two, just to see. It wasn't Ollie that changed that; it was Kaidan.

I'd taken on a lot of people for Rob. They'd been quick in-and-outs that I never saw again, even though they had my number in case they needed it. The thought of not seeing Kaidan again after I passed him on... It actually made my stomach curl into knots that would outdo the Boy Scouts.