Episode 29: Wish I May

*Starting Scene*

Having gone to the Bridge to see Doyenne, Virgil and Anemone are immediately praised for how well they fought against the Syndicate by the Victress present. While that transpires, Harper introduces Virgil's father and Oxford to the crew, considering the latter was hidden from them the whole time.

Doyenne meets the Lt. Colonel at the halfway point of the vicinity as she offers her right hand to him, politely grinning. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm aware you helped us out." 

Orian gently shakes hands with Doyenne while sincerely smiling. "Honestly, that wasn't my original goal, but I realized my boy was doing his best to defend you all so I couldn't resist." He relinquishes his hold of the dame's appendage. "Anyway, when out on the battlefield, one must act quick to save lives. We're not heartless."

Eve, poised behind Doyenne via a couple of meters, inquires in a skeptical manner amidst containing her arms crossed, "What if you discover they're the bad guys?"

Orian cocks his head eastward to view Eve and bluntly comments, "We accept the error we made, perform a 180 and rectify it. That's the only thing we can do. Though, it depends on your definition of who's good and who's bad. Example: Earth 03's military has a bunch of jerks in it, however, there are obviously exceptions." The adult points his right hand's index finger at himself while shutting his eyes.

Kairi giggles as she's standing towards her husband's right, watching him out of the corner of her eyes.

Doyenne demonstrates an amused smirk prior to glancing towards Virgil, stationed near Mamori's post to converse with the frilly-haired girl. Suddenly, the pale chick's expression shows a hint of concern as she zones out.

Orian straightens his head's angling while registering Doyenne's conduct before steering his vision westward to investigate what the beauty's staring at. Once he discerns that it's Virgil, the Caucasian silently chuckles and softly gestures his right hand to his wife to gain her attention.

Kairi becomes intrigued by Orian signalling her to look towards their son and Doyenne via commandeering herself sideways while facing the blue-eyed man until exhibiting a knowing demeanor.

Eve also notices Doyenne's behavior as discontent is notable, gingerly shaking her head.

Concurrently, Anemone listens to Virgil's dialogue with Mamori, maintaining a minor distance from her friend's posterior, while radiating suspicion because of how friendly they are to one another.

Virgil earnestly remarks with Mamori located a lone meter from him, being beside Kelly at the same time, "I never told you thanks for that pep talk."

Mamori faintly laughs, possessing her hands united to nervously twiddle her thumbs during their lowered state. "It's fine. Miraculously, you remembered me enough to even attempt it. I blend in too much."

Oxford joins the discussion due to hearing Mamori's words, placing herself at Virgil's left, and leans towards Mamori with enthusiasm brimming. "That can be a powerful weapon! Throughout my life, I've taken full advantage of my capability to do that as well!" She repairs her posture while positioning both hands to her rear. "Don't deem it as an unfortunate aspect of yourself! Harness it and you'll accomplish spectacular things!"

Mamori blushes as she gawks at Oxford and is rendered speechless.

Virgil soon vouches for Oxford while confidently nodding. "She's right. I bet Suta would agree. Actually, since he's a star, it'd be a major surprise that you manage to sneak up on him. That oughta' add excitement to his dull existence, don't you think?"

Mamori giggles and utters with her timidness continuing, "Oh, I don't know about that..."

Virgil sustains his personality as he lightly pats Mamori's left shoulder via his right hand before bringing it back down. "Come on. You got nothing to lose. It might alter his opinion."