4

The surgery was long, and the doctors thought that they had lost Olivia and the baby a few times. While they worked on Olivia, Elliot sat and waited. He kept his eyes glued to the door that the doctors had walked in and out of to talk to other people waiting. Elliot was holding onto Olivia's necklace, and he kept running his fingers over the main charm.

"You should eat or drink something, Elliot," Melanie spoke, as she walked over to Elliot and held out a cheap hospital sandwich in her hand.

"I feel like I'm going to get sick... I'm so worried and anxious that I don't think I can eat anything. I'm sor-"

"Don't apologize for being worried. For being scared." Melanie spoke, and Elliot bit his lip as hard as he could.

He didn't like how they knew he was still scared.

"It's been such a long surgery... do you think that means that Olivia and the baby are dead?" Elliot asked as Jason sat beside his wife.

"Please don't talk about that. Please don't say stuff-"

"They are my family too, Mr. Benson! That is my baby... Olivia is the girl who I want to spend the rest of my life with!" Elliot yelled.

"We wouldn't be in this situation if you had fucking put a condom on!" Jason yelled back.

Melanie knew that at some point Jason would blame Elliot for this, but Melanie knew it wasn't his fault. Elliot didn't cause this. Something just went wrong.

"Tell Olivia that I love her... I'm going." Elliot breathed, as tears streamed down his cheeks. He stood and quickly stumbled away, before sprinting out the door. Melanie sighed softly before looking at her husband.

"You can't blame Elliot for this, Jay... he is probably even more worried about her than we are... because he is madly in love with her and that baby she's carrying," Melanie spoke.

"I don't want our kid to die. Not after we helped her live after her Mom tried to hurt her."

"I don't want her and our grandchild to die either, but he's thinking about losing his soulmate and his baby..." Melanie frowned before she stood to go and see if Elliot had left all the way.

As she walked out of the hospital, a doctor walked out of the doors and straight to Jason.

"Mr. Benson." He spoke, and Jason felt like his heart stopped beating.

"Is she okay?"

"She has lost a lot of blood, but she and the baby are still alive. We are moving her to the ICU for the night. You can see her in the morning."

All Jason could hear was that Olivia and the baby were alive.

|*|

It was about noon the next morning when Olivia had enough strength to wake up. She opened her eyes and looked at her mother, who sat beside her bed.

"Where's Elliot?" Were the first words Olivia said.

"He went home, darling. How are you feeling?" Melanie asked, and Olivia frowned.

"Get him back." She replied.

"Honey-"

"No, get him back, Mom. Now." Olivia ordered, and Melanie nodded slowly. She stood up and left Olivia's room before seeing Jason walking down the hall to her.

"Is she awake?" Jason asked quickly.

"She is."

"Does she want to see me?" Jason asked because he was confused about why Melanie wasn't with Olivia if she was awake.

"She wants Elliot. So, give me those and go find him." Melanie spoke, before taking the two cups of tea from him.

"No. He isn't-"

"Our daughter wants Elliot, so she is going to get him. Do I need to go in there and tell her that you yelled at Elliot and hurt him to the point that he ran out?" Melanie spoke, and Jason sighed before turning and walking down the hall again.

He didn't want to, but if Olivia wanted Elliot, she'd get him.

|*|

Elliot was outside mowing the yard when Jason pulled into the driveway. Elliot stopped the mower and ran his hands over his face before watching as Olivia's father approached him.

"Want me to leave the city?" Elliot asked, and Jason frowned.

"Liv's awake and wants you," Jason spoke, and Elliot frowned.

"I don't think that it's a good idea for me to see her. I caused that all."

"Elliot, she wants you. If my baby girl wants to see you, you have to go see her." Jason spoke.

"What's the point?! Aren't you just gonna force us apart in the end because I was the one that got her pregnant? Gonna start punishing the baby next?"

"No. Elliot-"

"I want to be the best father to my child. I want to be the best partner to Olivia. But I don't think that I'll be able to because no one has faith in me." Elliot frowned.

"You don't believe you can do it, huh?" Jason asked, and Elliot frowned before nodding.

"I can't do anything well, because I really fucked up our lives when we left."

"She wanted to go too. It wasn't just your choice."

"What happened during the surgery?" Elliot asked.

"She lost a lot of blood, but as of right now she and the baby are looking good."

"Do you think I can be a good dad? I know I'll be nothing like you... but do you think that I can be decent?"

"You'll be a good dad. It just takes practice. Now, let's go up and see Liv."

|*|

Elliot walked into Olivia's ICU room with a few flowers that he had gotten. Olivia looked at him and relief settled onto her very tired face.

"You didn't leave for good." She breathed, and Elliot frowned as he handed her the flowers. She smelt them as he spoke.

"Your Dad and I got in a fight. He said that this is all my fault because I'm the one that got you pregnant... but I didn't mean too. I love you, and it just happened. I know that we wanted kids. We just didn't want one this soon-"

"Babe, shut up and come here," Olivia spoke.

"What?" Elliot asked.

"This isn't your fault. I love you and I know that you didn't want this to happen. You aren't that type of person."

"I'm gonna try and be a good husband and a good father... okay? I promise you that."

"I know you will. We both just need to grow up before that... so come here and I'll try and get you to calm down."

"I love you, Liv."

"We love you too, El."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! This was written since Elliot_Michael_ complained about me not going to update till tomorrow. Well, please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D