17

Olivia and Elliot had yet another hard goodbye. This time it seemed worse because Adalee was now here and Elliot had to also say goodbye to her. But while he was gone, Olivia knew that she wanted to actually do things. She wanted to talk to her parents and her siblings. And she also wanted to contact Serena.

"So what do you plan on doing for the next two months?" Bernie asked, as she and Olivia sat in the living room. Adalee was fast asleep in her grandmother's arms.

"I plan on getting in contact with my family. And Serena. I really want to know what is happening with her. And how she is doing..." Olivia trailed off. She didn't know what Bernie would say about this all.

"You are such a mature young woman, Olivia. I'm proud of you and your choices, and I'll watch Adalee while you visit Serena."

"Mom, I cannot explain to you how much I love you. I know you are my mother in law, but there is no one who has loved me and helped me even if I keep fucking up." Olivia breathed.

"I'm the lucky one. I have some weird son and daughter in laws. But you are really the best."

|*|

Olivia left Adalee with Bernie a week after they got home. Olivia packed up the stuff she needed before driving to Newark. All she wanted was for Serena to be good, and she wanted to make sure that Serena knew she had the choice to get back into Olivia's life if she wanted.

Olivia pulled into a subdivision and slowly snaked her way around the curves till she came to a small blue house. Out front were several planters filled with beautiful flowers and a few gnomes were scattered about. Olivia parked behind a station wagon before getting out and looking at the house.

It seemed like a smaller version of the house Olivia grew up in. Lots of brightly colored flowers and an old basketball hoop on the garage that only got used twice because too many cars needed to be parked on the driveway.

Olivia looked down at her phone and sighed softly before heading up the path. She had to do this quickly because she wanted to get home and nurse Adalee instead of having her use a bottle for the first time.

Olivia slowly climbed the stairs before ringing the doorbell. She waited and waited, but eventually a woman dressed in light blue scrubs, answered the door.

"Yeah?" She asked and Olivia bit her lip before shoving her hand forward for her to shake.

"Hello. I'm Olivia Stabler... uh, I'm your daughter." Olivia spoke.

"My daughter? Do I really look old enough to have a daughter your age?" She laughed. Olivia's eyes went wide.

"You aren't Serena Benson?" Olivia asked, and she shook her head.

"No. I'm her daughter. Well, I guess your sister?" She question. Olivia was beyond confused.

"How old are you?" Olivia asked.

"I'm adopted." She replied without answering Olivia question.

"Oh. Okay. Uh, is your mom home? I'd like to talk to her... what's your name?" Olivia questioned. She felt flustered and just wanted to get home to her baby.

"She's at work. And I'm Sierra. Sierra Anne Benson." She spoke.

Olivia nodded slowly before looking down at her hands.

"I'll leave... don't even worry about telling Serena about me. I can tell that she moved on. And that's she probably a heck of a lot happier without knowing her kid is back." Olivia spoke. She turned around and quickly walked down the steps.

|*|

Olivia went home and just avoided the questions that Bernie asked her about Serena. She just took Adalee and took care of her. She didn't want to leave her daughter alone for even a minute because she was so upset.

At nearly 9 at night, while Olivia was getting ready for bed, Bernie came up to her room.

"Honey?" Bernie asked.

"Yeah?" Olivia questioned as she wiped her face off.

"You have a visitor." Bernie replied.

"Who?" She asked.

"Melanie. She seems kinda angry." Bernie replied.

Olivia frowned before grabbed her hair tie and pulling her hair back. Bernie stood out of her way and planned on staying up in Olivia's room just in case Adalee needed to be cuddled.

Olivia walked down stairs and frowned when she saw her mother standing by the door. She was pacing a bit and Olivia knew she was angry at her. Not for some other reason. This was the way she reacted when Olivia and Elliot told her and Jason that they were moving out.

"Mom-"

"Olivia, I never know why I have never been enough of a mother for you. You always seem to want a replacement. From moving in here to be with Elliot and telling Bernie more than you ever tell me. Then you go searching for Serena! Why her? She tried to kill you!" Melanie yelled.

Olivia shook as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"I want to know where I came from. I don't do everything just to make you upset. My life isn't just about you. I can distinctly remember how much you loved your kids and how you seemed to always be yelling at me whenever I did something my own way. But don't worry, Melanie. I'm not in need of any mother but Bernie. Not you. Not Serena. You need to leave now before this wakes up Adalee." Olivia breathed as her voice shook.

Melanie looked at her daughter with wide eyes. But she looked incredibly angry still.

"You wouldn't be here if your father and I wouldn't have adopted you."

"I didn't ask to be adopted." Olivia whispered. She turned and headed to the stairs.

"Your siblings kept questioning if it was a good thing for us to adopt you. I know now that it wasn't. You tried to break me and Jason up. You tried to ruin our lives. Now I know why it wasn't a good idea to adopt you or even try to be your mother."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D