37

They walked hand and hand down the sidewalk as they headed back to their house. Adalee was peddling quickly on her bike and she ended up stopping every couple of feet because she saw a butterfly or she wanted to make sure her parents were still walking behind her.

"I'm tired." Adalee sighed suddenly. Her parents eyed her before seeing a small smile on her lips as she reached her arms up to be carried.

"So you wanted to keep going and going, and now on our way back you are ready to give up?" Olivia questioned, as Elliot walked over and lifted their daughter up before grabbing her tricycle with his other hand.

"I'm little, Momma. I get tired." Adalee replied, and Olivia rolled her eyes. She couldn't help but realize that Adalee was just the girl version of Elliot.

"Well, let's just hope that this walk got you closer to having Ainsley," Elliot spoke before his girlfriend could respond.

"Hopefully," Olivia replied. Elliot had gotten word that another session at the academy was starting sooner they expected and he was planning on taking a spot so he could get out well before Ainsley gets too old and he misses everything again.

"Where am I going to go when Ainsley comes?" Adalee asked as they continued towards the house.

"Grandma and Papa are taking you. Then they will bring you up to the hospital when it's time to meet your baby sister." Olivia explained.

"Why can't I come with you? I wanna be there!" Adalee exclaimed, and her parents were both quick to shake their heads.

"You do not want to be there, Addie. Trust me. Daddy and I don't even want to be there, but we have too." Olivia spoke. She reached out and gently brushed some hair away from Adalee's face as they walked.

"But-" She started.

"No, Addie. Now, do you want to walk the rest of the way or have me carry you?" Elliot spoke, and Adalee was quick to cuddle closer to her father and close her eyes.

"Shh, Daddy. I'm trying to sleep."

|*|

Elliot quietly walked into his bedroom and smiled at his girlfriend. She was already half-asleep on the bed and her arms were wrapped around her swell.

"Did the walk make you tired?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded as she smiled.

"A lot of things make me tired at the moment." Olivia breathed.

"It's been a good few months," Elliot spoke, as he took his clothes off before climbing into bed with only his boxers on.

"It has been. I've enjoyed being with you again. I've enjoyed spending time with you and our kid."

"How are you feeling?" Elliot questioned as he reached out and brushed some hair away from her face.

"I'm exhausted. Other than that I feel good."

"Are you sure? I saw how uncomfortable you were when we got back from the walk. You weren't waddling how you normally are." Elliot spoke, and Olivia smacked him.

"Hey, I don't waddle!" She exclaimed.

"Honey, you are very pregnant. You waddle." He smirked. Olivia groaned as she rolled over onto her other side so she wouldn't have to look at Elliot. 

"I hate you, I hope you know." She huffed.

"Babe, I love you and I'm just trying to tease you... I'm sorry." Elliot breathed, as he shifted closer to Olivia. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. He ran his hands over her stomach until she accepted his embrace.

"I love you too... just sometimes your teasing just doesn't make me laugh. Makes me want to cry instead."

"We can blame that on Ainsley, more than likely."

"I don't want to blame anything on our baby. Not now. Not ever." Olivia replied. She grabbed Elliot's hands and intertwined their fingers together as she let out a loud yawn.

"I blamed Addie for us breaking up... I thought we were good before you got pregnant."

"We weren't good. We got into a bad cycle. We never made enough money and we never had enough time for each other. El, and it probably didn't help that you weren't in love with me anymore and started to yell at me for cheating on you."

"I know you never did... deep down but not at the moment."

"Elliot, if I were to ever cheat on you, it would be with a woman more than likely." Olivia sighed.

"Oh really?" Elliot laughed, as he rolled her over and saw a sparkle in her dark brown eyes.

"We aren't as difficult as you," Olivia smirked, before wrapping her arms around his body and kissing him deeply.

|*|

They were up early the next morning because Olivia was starting to get contractions. They were far apart at the moment, but she was still in pain. Elliot hated to watch her face darken with pain, and he knew why he had such a hard time not sobbing when she almost lost Adalee and when she was in labor with Adalee.

"You know, I feel like I'm too old for this already." Olivia groaned as she went back to making lunch for Adalee.

"You aren't old. Cause if you are old, I am too." Elliot replied.

"24 isn't old. But maybe it's because this all feels different."

"How so?" Elliot asked, as he stood and walked over to the fridge and pulled out a juice box for Adalee's lunch.

"Because we have a house. We are actually in love. And when Ainsley is born, she is already going to have a big sister to love and take care of her... and you promised to take care of us."

"I'll never break that promise," Elliot spoke, before kissing Olivia's jaw gently.

"Then promise me to not discuss my contractions with Addie. She doesn't need to get all excited for becoming a big sister and then not being able to concentrate at school." Olivia spoke.

"I promise." Elliot smiled. He looked at his watch before sighing.

"Gonna go wake up little miss?" Olivia asked, and Elliot nodded.

"Last morning when it is just going to be the three of us. I'm gonna take my time and let Adalee cuddle for as long as she wants." Elliot smiled. He left the kitchen as a nervous breath left his lips. 

He was really getting nervous about becoming a father again... especially since this time he was going to watch Ainsley grow from a newborn to a beautiful young woman in many years.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D